Anyone in Santiago?

Chilipepper

Mar 28, 2003
Hello,

I am new here and this is my first post. I would like to know if there is anyone here who is currently living in Santiago.

Thank you.

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Hola Chilipepper!!!!!!

DR1 has---
Members: 3,389, Threads: 21,227, Posts: 123,262

Do your homework (Search, Search, and Search again!)
Ask your questions.
And Good Luck!

By the way---
Welcome to DR1!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Thanks
Tim H.

Help, and be Helped.
That?s why were here!!!

Chilipepper

Mar 28, 2003
Well my husband would like to relocate his business to the DR in about a year or so and he would like to relocate to Santiago. Now, we were both born in USA of Dominican parents. The problem is our parents came to live to the US while very young and don't have any family there and we just wanted to know what areas were nice to live, good schools (we have a son), etc. We both speak, write and read spanish fluently. We have been to the DR on numerous ocassions, but it's not the same as living there.

I guess we just wanted the opnions of people who are living and working around that area.

Thank you.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Depending on your business

I can't think of a nicer place to live..but I am prejudiced.

Good schools, good medical care, pretty fair services (water, lights and garbage). It is not too metropolitan, nor is it too small...

You might want to do a feasibility study for the particular business, that is just natural..

HB

Chilipepper

Mar 28, 2003
Thank Hillbilly,

Well my husband is in charge of the business end, I just want to know where the good places to live in, good schools, etc. Obviously we will bring enough $$ to live off for a year or so. Santiago is very nice, I was there last year for about a year and we visited some people in La Esmeralda, Cerro Alto, Serros de Gurabo and El Dorado. The thing is when we speak to Dominicans that live there, they tell us that we are crazy to want to go live there. I just wanted the opinion of Americans (foreigners) that live there.

steinlb

Mar 27, 2003
Santiago on monday

Hello,

I am new here also and this is my first post.
Chilipepper I would like to know where can I
stay in Santiago . I will be there a week leaving
SD on monday by bus and I am on a budget of
600 peso per night.

Thanks