Another one of my predictions came true

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Besides my Baninter woes predictions, the eventual freedom of Pepe Goico( thanks to RBF of Baninter's infame and his irresponsible "I accuse now, now I don't") also predicted, in one of my previous posts a long time ago, I also predicted the winner of the Reformist Party primaries Eduardo Estrella.

Everyone and the polls were giving Jacinto Peynado as the winner. I said never. Estrella was bought and sold by the PPH and now Hippo has finally divided the Reformist Party in two.

Hippo's gamble was that if Estrella won, the party would be divided and that Balaguer's voters would support the PRD, since most of the Reformist brass is in line with Hippo. Well...WRONG!!! Again, the PPH has stuck their foot in their back hole. The result is going to be that Reformist voters will go more than 75% over to Leonel Fernandez.

If Fernandez was a shoe in before this, now it seems there is hardly anyway to stop him from being the next president. Unless of course, he becomes as irrational as the PPH people. It is his election to lose. Besides, the Baninter fiasco is only the beginning of a saga of economic headaches for Hippo.

Let it be know that I now baptize Eduardo Estrella as "The Wolfman". Just look at this man closely. He reminds me of that famous movie, I believe with Bela Lugosi where he turns into a wolf. The man has hair down to his eyebrows. He has tried to trim it down a bit. But the fact is this man looks scary.

TW/golo

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Golo100 said:
Hippo's gamble was that if Estrella won, the party would be divided and that Balaguer's voters would support the PRD, since most of the Reformist brass is in line with Hippo. Well...WRONG!!! Again, the PPH has stuck their foot in their back hole. The result is going to be that Reformist voters will go more than 75% over to Leonel Fernandez.

I'll be very pleased if you can say "I told you so" on this one.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Rumour on the street is that Fernando is NOT

going to run. The rumour mill has it that he's realized that corruption is so rampant in the present administration that if he was elected and tried to "clean house" he'd end up six feet under!!:alien:

So much for democracy......Corruption Rules in the DR!

jojocho

Jul 10, 2002
Fernandez not running?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I have to disagree with that one! Leonel is itching to wear the ?o?a again!

Hey Golo, what do you think is going to happen to the Reformistas? Is it going to be the PRD-PRI thing all aover again?

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Leonel & the Reformists

On the question of Leonel Fernandez, I tend to agree with Jojocho that "The Lion" is too eager to run and take the hot seat. Leonel is a natural for this job. He takes no pressure and it is his only entertainment. Notice he married a boring lawyer, just like him...a dame that hardly anyone would notice in the streets, who spends most of her leisure time reading books.(nothing wrong with this. It is just that The Lion is no playboy)

The other thing is that contrary to Hippo, this guy's got a plan. He is mostly interested in developing the country's institutions. His weakness was mostly little congressional support and did little to stop corruption, although nobody beats Hippo at corruption.

The Reformists are almost dead in the water. There are two possible scenarios:1) They try to fight inside to gain the leadership of the party and overthrow the old guard. This strategy is to set up Quique Antun for 2008 and save face for Jacinto Porky Pig. 2)They continue with their opposition to the Wolfman and let him get his ass beaten so bad he will never be a factor in the party and the old guard would disappear.

The Lion is the big winner in all this,so far. 80% of the Reformists hate the PRD and most of all, Hippo.

TW

jojocho

Jul 10, 2002
So I guess all we have to do know is wait for the purple and yellow landslide.

A few months ago I was talking to that lady that was dragged into politics a few years back when she was elected to run for vice-president along with Peynado and she was of the opinion that in order to beat the PRD Jacinto and Leonel had to join forces. Given the current situation I guess this argument no longer holds!

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Golo

Keep up the good work.

I only hope that Leonel can limit the corruption

as much as possible.

BTW Bela Lugosi was in the Wolf Man but

Lon Chaney was the WOLF MAN! (see below from IMDB)

Plot Outline: When a man is attacked by a werewolf, he finds to his horror that he now becomes one himself under a full moon. (more) (view trailer)

Complete credited cast:
Claude Rains .... Sir John Talbot
Warren William .... Doctor Lloyd
Ralph Bellamy .... Col. Paul Montford, Chief Constable
Patric Knowles .... Frank Andrews, Talbot Gamekeeper
Bela Lugosi .... Bela
Maria Ouspenskaya .... Maleva, Bela's Mother
Evelyn Ankers .... Gwen Conliffe
J.M. Kerrigan .... Charles Conliffe
Fay Helm .... Jenny Williams
Lon Chaney Jr. .... Larry Talbot/Wolf Man (as Lon Chaney)

Purple is my favorite color,

JD

Last edited by a moderator:

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Jersey Devil

Thanks for the Lon Chaney information. have you really looked at Estrella? Iam I right about this? He could easily make for a good Wolfman with little or no make up. In fact, if he doesn't shave for two weeks he may not even need extra hair. I hear the guy has hair all over his back too.

Of course, at election time he will be trimmed like a sheep by Leonel and the PRD candidate, if not by Leonel alone if he makes it in the first round.

TW

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
NOW WHATS WRONG WITH HAVING HAIR ON YOUR BACK? hAHAHAHA
My new Girlfriend calls me her teddy bear.

Anyway, this estrella guy went passed my house in a campaign chopo caravan promoting loud chopo music. Golo is right, he even has hair coming out of his eye balls. I hate to see what his *** looks like.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
:eek: Good grief AZB, you hairy-back bastard........the new Pakistani Lon Chaney :laugh: , just kidding. Does she pull your hairs or something??? It's all good if she considers you a human version of a stuffed animal and she lets you "stuff" her.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
AZB

Sorry, I have not seen your back hair. Not all back-hair guys look bad. But the Wolfman has hair coming out of the back of his shirt collar. This is one hairy sonofthebitch and has no visible skin on his forehead. Notice he has shaven part of it to hide his canine look.

He is feared by wolves, cats and other animals when he passes by. I believe he also hears strange things during full moons. He also hears Balaguers ghost in his dreams.

TW

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
spelling correction

My friends from Texas assure me the proper spelling is "sumabitch."

The hair thread made me laugh. It's a big improvement over some of the vicious stuff I've seen here in the recent past.

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
the proper derivatives and usage relative to "bitch" including prefixes by a real Texan.

sombitch......singular, pronounced with long "o"
sumbitch......plural, a collection of a lot of bitches rolled in to one
tsumbitch.....necessitated use because user is dipping snuff or has a chew of "backy"....frequently used in the phrase "muverf**kin (spit) tsumbitch"

Hope this is clear, if not, i'll give public demonstrations of proper usage the 19th (without tobacco or snuff)

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
As previously predicted by me, Hipolito Mejia will announce today thru his PPH group that he will seek the candidacy for President for the PRD party and if he wins, which will be a lock, he will seek reelection against todays shoe-in and favorite Leonel Fernandez.

However, his effort will not come easy. The Hatuey de Camps group and the other anti-reelectionists running for president are going to go to war and weaken Hippos bid. Hippo counts on the Hippo-propelled division of the PRSC, whose chosen candidate, The Wolfman Estrella is a dark horse for Hippo, who was placed there by Guaroa Liranzo, a Hippo man inside the PRSC.

The division of the PRSC is a bitter pill for Hippo. He feels that more than half of a broken up PRSC would go to him in the final run. But, the base of the party faithful are closer to Leonel.

If you recall, in the 2000 election Hippo made just under 50% of the vote with a weak PLD candidate like Danilo Medina, who didnt even get full support from his then president Leonel Fernandez. Medina also won the primaries in a bitter fight with Fernandez Mirabal, then VP and did not give his full support to Medina. The PRSC was not very happy with the PLD either after they supported Leonel. Leonel was not a patronage bonanza for them.

Hippo won the candidacy in 2000 in a wipe out and had 100% support from the PRD. he also had little negative perception then.

Now Hippo will face Leonel, who will run over his only opposer in the primaries and must be able to gather more than 50% to win, which the PRD has never gotten in any election in history. The PRD party has a solid 50% hard vote in the country. But any defections to low voter turnout, anti-reelection feelings and PRD members who are just not happy with the economy will eat up that 50%.

Leonel, however, can easily count with 38% solid voting from the general population who leans to his party, although this vote is not as solid as the PRD party, but voters in general elections are not as hard as municipal election voters. Then he can count on the majority of the PRSC faithful to carry him over the 50% mark. Leonel may not make it in the first run, but he should beat Hippo head to head in the runoff. If Leonel gets at least 48% in the first run, Hippo will withdraw and avoid a runoff, which calls for 50% plus 1 vote. He may not even try if he gets 45%.

The other major PRD candidates like Milagros Ortiz Bosch, and Fello Suverbi are finished forever as future presidentials in the PRD, because they stayed too close to Hippo and in another two years, the new generation will take over. The only still viable old candidate will be Hatuey De Camps. The only chance for survival for Milagros is if she joins the anti-reelection group very strongly. her credibility however is almost shot now.

TW

Apr 26, 2002
Golo,

You should be paid for these commentaries.

I don't think we should underestimate the political skill of Hippo Polito, though. Sure he's alread put the country in debt to its ears, has tapped most lines of credit and is generally a scumbag, but most people don't understand that. So he can continue to at least PROMISE juicy patronage and graft opportunities to PPH outsiders within the PRD to bring them back in and, in the second round, to Reformistas looking for future jobs and contracts.

He also controls the JCE, which means that up to about 7% of the vote can fraudulently be swung his way. As was the case with Balaguer, control of the JCE makes Dominican elections like a championship boxing event - the challenger can only win by knockout, and never on the points!

The real fun will begin when His Hipponess, unable to borrow anymore money, has to pay all of these political debts after the next election. That's when things will get really interesting. That's when the Dominican people will discover their deeper interest in politics because their local barrio bagmen will no longer be happy.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Gee Golo, do you think?

That because the bank of the Atallah's was taken over by the BanInter, that just maybe, the Central Bank and the Superintendant's Office extended those $RD10 billion pesos in advances? Gee, I wonder??

In today's papers, it says that the Central Bank has paid out RD$18 billion pesos, plus, of course the RD$10 billion taken in advances. It all just "SPOOFed" away???

And in Moca they killed a guy just because he blocked access to a farm?? Damn, you capitale?os are a meek bunch!

HB

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
[B]golo[/B] said:
Hippo won the candidacy in 2000 in a wipe out and had 100% support from the PRD. he also had little negative perception then.
You forgot to mention that Pe?a G?mez had just died, so he ran on the cry "for Pe?a". That won't work now.

Apr 26, 2002
Hillbilly,

Please explain which was the Atallah's bank and what are the "advances". It sounds juicy, so I want to understand it.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Atallah banks

The bank they drove to extinction was Banco del Comercio, the second fiasco they have been involved with. This is the same bank that was taken over by Baninter to become one of the largest banks from a little bank. Now the tradition continues.

Baninter was a patronage system bank used by its leader to promote himself, political candidates and creating a potential political structure to run for President.

TW