gay friendly bars cabarete/sousa

cooksalot

Apr 5, 2003
I'll be down in the Puerto Plata area and I was wondering if there were any gay friendly bars/establishments in either Cabarete or Sousa.

thanks.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
cooksalot

I am sure Johnny Honda can lead you in the right direction.He may even give you a ride on the back of his new sportster.E-mail him.
Larry

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
Good advice Larry, Johny is the man

This is not speaking from personal experience but when in the DR most discos in tourist areas, etc have men (sankis) who cater to women clients but also some as well who cater to men. I have seen a few openly gay couples in BC but for more information, email Johny with a pic of yourself.
dale7(Hope no offense is taken Johny

abe

Jan 2, 2002
gay tourism

I am going to suggest that this was a serious inquiry by someone who wants to vacation in the DR. While I am very very aware of the feelings of many people about homosexuality, gay tourism is a huge industry.

Perhaps some serious response is in order. If in fact the attempts to launch gay resorts on the North Coast have not taken hold for cultural reasons, it's important to state that. If, as I have observed in some places, gays are perfectly welcome and can be "tourists" without concern, then that should be stated.

I haven't been there in a while, and the DR changes faster than most places, so some up to date serious responses might encourage (or in fact discourage) this vacationer. The fact remains that a gay visitor may make an inquiry based solely on a comfort level, not the pursuit of partners.

Anybody have any current info?

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
This is the Living Forum.

Honest questions deserve, honest answere's.
Don't turn it into a litter box.

Thanks
Tim H.

quaqualita

Feb 4, 2002
gays in Cabarete

hi,
I don't know about Sosua, but in Cabarete I allways see lots of gays (men or women).
Once I heard about plans to convert a hotel a little bit outside Cabarete (Terazas Las Palmas) into a gay hotel. I really don't know, if this has been realized or not.
So, I'm sure if you go to the bars on Cabarete beach, you can find friends there easily and "others" won't make fun of you, like some of the guys tried to do so in this thread.

DELETED BY REQUEST

Tim H.

Last edited by a moderator:

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
As Timex said this is living not litter section for all you closet queens leave me the fffuck outa it I dont want e mails for shit like this lets have our fun some other way,in response there are no gay bars per se but you will not be harrassed for your sexual preferences and should not have trouble meeting someone I know of several gay couples around Sosua if you stop by Brittanias I will introduce you maybe they can help
J.H.