People feeding others

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Keeping this thread in the public eye!!

Altho' I really think it should be in the general forum since there's more positive stories that don't pertain just to Men from Mars/Women from Venus........

One of the local women makes a habit every morning of feeding all the stray dogs in the area! What's so special about that you ask??

She does it with scraps from the evening meal the night before that she serves up for the limpiabotas and poor neighbours who live around her!!

Last edited by a moderator:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I realize this was moved from the "Positive Stories ONLY" thread

as even I stated the posts in that thread belonged more in the General forum than in the Men from Mars Women from Venus.....
But naming it "people feeding others"????????????
Really!!!

On a sour note someone must have been really ticked by all the stray dogs that gather in these two blocks and bay at night. By the looks of things someone "fed" them meatballs spiked with
Tre Pasito or rat poison. Several dead animals on the street the past few days.

Too bad there isn't an SPCA here.......

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
How much Rat Poison per pound?

and where do you get the "Tre Pasito"?I feel like serving up some "Anti-pasta" to some of the local "Barkers"!CCCCCCCC

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I wouldn't know Criss........

While I also don't enjoy the 3-4 AM "barking" symphony I couldn't imagine poisoning any animal. It's a horrible way to die!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
But Larry,until thet sell "Dog Poison"! what choice do we have?

Rat poison is cheap and effective!I have had two of my dogs poisoned and they did not appear to suffer.If I could prove who gave them the poison,I would use it on them! Criss

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Maybe you should have kept them tied........

and on your own property! That way they wouldn't have been "contributing" to the problem!

If you did then shame on the person who poisoned them!!!
I'd be tempted to use rat poison on that person also! ;)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
So, if a dog is not "Tied",or "Confined",

It is a "candidate" for the poison"?We should all "re-read" what we write,before we hit the "Submit Reply" icon.We might then realize that our posts wwould be better left "Un-Posted"! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I have a "Breeding Pair" of Falkland Island Terriors,and a male"son" of theirs.They live like Royalty! Each morning,they follow me around the neighborhood at speeds reaching 25 miles per hour!(I am in a Van)After their morning run,we return home!We live behind a high wall with electronic gates front and rear.I let them out to chase the Colmado motor cycle,and "poor" people cutting through our neighborhood!

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Dogs

I love dogs and it angers me when I see the way they are generally treated in the DR.I see scores of strays running through the street in sosua and everyone just kicks them.Remember that thread when someone posted about the dogs locked up in an abandoned store in sosua? Welll I was in sosua then(the place was right down the street from Rockys) and upon reading the thread I went over to investigate.The dogs were starving,red eyed and sick..trapped in the hot store but people were walking right past and didnt care.I alerted the first policeman I encountered and he told me.."ok,I'll go take a look" but I dont think he ever did.I had to fly back the next day and I dont know whatever happened to those poor dogs.Now you guys are telling me its common practice to poison dogs with rat poison!.Disgusting.
Larry

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Well Criss.....some people don't need to have everything

S-P-E-L-L-E-D out for them.

The discussion was about "stray" dogs! People feeding them and people putting out poison bait for them.
So if a dog is running loose (even if it's behind a van) and is not neutered, it's "contributing" to the problem of stray animals and is in danger of consuming poisoned bait!

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
Larry,
There are several photos of dogs posted on the bulletin board outside of the supermercado in Sosua. They were all poisoned with meat balls thrown over peoples' walls.

Sometimes people have three or four dogs who bark continuously day and night. I have sometimes wondered if the dogs are poisoned by Dominicans planning to burglarize or by annoyed neighbors.

I am with you on this one. No excuse for it.

Mainer

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Not really.

Meatballs are very popular in Scandinavia. Flat meatballs (strange, I know) go by the name of Frikadeller in Denmark and it is one of the most typical Danish dishes.

Pib
Who knows more useless things than she ought to.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Italy does have "polpetti" but they're not necessarily made from meat!

Also I've had some really tasty Indian "meatballs" which are very small, savory and kinda flat sided also..........would that make them more like "hamburgers"?

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
I understand about the stray dog problem

in the DR, but poisoning any living creature is inhumane.
The government should implement some type of sterilization project to protect these poor animals.
I've never had a dog but my father had his beegle poisoned in the DR. Someone threw some food into his backyard and he died a painful horrible death.

Ccarabella