ayudame por favor

Negro Lindo

Dec 26, 2002
Can anyone get me the phone number for the Immigration office there in the DR? The office responsible for Dominicans leaving the country...... Thanks in advance

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
Negrolindo

I would assume that you are trying to bring a Dominican to the US. I am working on bringing my novia, and son to the US. I am dealing with an immigration lawyer and let them do the work. Yesenia is going to sponsored on a K1 fiance visa and when she gets here we have to marry in 90 days. My advice is get a lawyer so that it goes smoothly and they will get you all the forms and are more rapid, plus I don't want to make a mistake on the forms. I will ask Yesenia tonight if she has the number of the immigration office but it can be a waste of time. Hell it took me about a month to get the official copy of my son's birth certificate. Actually it took a bribe of 200RD because she was tired of going from San Jose to Santo Domingo on needless trips. They are crooked and slow. If you want to know more info email me if you have more detailed questions. The only thing I will say is don't get married in the DR it will cause a huge delay in paperwork and legal costs to get a person here. Once I get the number I will post it. If you aren't trying to get a girlfriend to the US, I apologize for ranting on.
dale7(Howard)

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
If you want to know the process of how a Dominican can leave the DR and come to the U.S. (legally) then you must go through the U.S. Consular Section.
U.S. Consular Section
Their website has a lot of information, plus a phone number and email address were you can contact them and ask questions. Read through it.

If you are talking about fiances, family members and spouses you start the process from the U.S. by filling out BCIS (formerly known as INS) forms and once approved it is forwarded onto the U.S. Consulate in the DR.

My husband came here on a K1 visa and we filled out all the paperwork ourselves. It isn't too complicated but time consuming and most of all the waiting and waiting and waiting.

There are great resources on the web regarding these types of visas and a yahoo group related to the DR. If you want more info PM me. A sus ordenes.

kj

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
Negrolindo,
this is the number I was given for the embassy by her. They have options so you just press the number you would like to discuss with a representative.
1 809 221 2171
dale7(Howard)

Negro Lindo

Dec 26, 2002
I have that number, I called them and they told me to call immigration but they didn't have the number, I have searched the net and can't really find anything else. I am supposed to call a lawyer there today I guess.

Negro Lindo

Dec 26, 2002
I called them and nobody spoke english, but I I think I got my point across with the spanish I know.
The thing that I'm looking for or trying to find out is if I want to bring Mayra and her son to the states, will she have to have any kind of permission from the father of her son to leave the country?
The father lives in New York anyway and the son has a passport to the states. But if the father wanted to make a stink about it would his argument be validated.
On the phone they told me know because he is with his mother. I know I should probably ask this in Legal, right. But if you have any insight let me know. Thanks

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
If the mother has custody and the boy has a

US passport (or a Dominican passport with US entry visa) there shouldn't be any problem. It might be wise for Mom to bring the custody order (or a photocopy thereof) with her if she has one.

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
If no on the custody agreement

She will need a notorized letter, from the Dad, giving her permission to take, her son out of the country.
Don't be surprised if she is not asked for it untill, she presents passport at customs.
Especially if flying one way.

Thanks
Tim H.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I married my wife in the DR.

We went to the consulate 3 years ago,In at 9 am,visa picked up at 4 pm! Good for 10 years,she went twice,once with me 3 years ago,once by herself last year."No Problemo"!!!!!CCCCCCCCCCCc

Negro Lindo

Dec 26, 2002
I guess it's like with many things, it's just the luck of the draw. I hear so many different opinions and different words of advice. The lawyer said that if the father is on the birth certificate they might ask for a letter but if the child has a passport then they probably won't. Immigration said it would be okay because she is the childs mother.
I guess if and when the day comes I will just have un sonrisa grande, y un buena propina.

Negro Lindo

Dec 26, 2002
Yeah CRIS but you're like the king of the DR!
And she had a round-trip ticket, Timex believes that if they see that it's a one way ticket, then the jealousy thing I've read about may set in or something ya know.
If the father lives here in the states, they have never been married or lived together and he doesn't provide support then I don't know why she would have to get his permission. And what are they to do if she was given a visa to travel. Is she supposed to leave her son there in the country without mother or father?
Nobody has to bother with answering these questions. I'm just thinking out loud......

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
My wife needed the letter.

Before we moved here, my wife and new born son(11 Months) and I, came here for work, 8 weeks later, I had to go back to NY.
We each had our passports but we were using the NY, Birth Certificate for my son. I made all the calls and was told by all, that it would be no problem.

The company bought me an un-restricted round trip ticket. I told my wife we would only be here for 2 weeks at the most. And I, bought their round trip tickets.

2 weeks turned into 8 weeks.
And it was time to go.

My wife wanted to stay another week. She went to the airport with me, and we explained we wanted to change the other 2 tickets. The airline said that since she would be over the 30 day window of the return, I had bought restricted tickets, we would have to buy 2 new one way tickets for them, or fly out together the next day. We bought the 2 one way tickets, and said good-by at the airport the next day.

A week later 1 very pissed off Dominican Lady calls me, :mad:and explaines that the airline wont let her leave the country without a noterized letter from me, giving her permission to do so for my son.

So I UPS a letter down. I get a second call from the same Very Very Pissed off lady.:mad::mad: Customes wants a passport, my son is over 1 year old now. (I know sound like a fee collecting episode, but it wasn't).

She went to the U.S. Embassy and after explaining everything. They made her fill out an application for a U.S. passport for my son, and they did their own noterized letter, alowing my son to travel to the States. That was after I got a call from the guy, in the Embassy.:confused:

That was about 4 years ago.

Now all my kids have their own passports, and sometimes, when we go back to NY, she will stay an extra week or so with the kids. She has a noterized letter from me giving her permission to fly with the kids. On occasion she is still asked for it.:cool:

Thanks
Tim H.

Last edited:

Negro Lindo

Dec 26, 2002
So Timex it was the airline and not immigration or some kind of government personnel asking for the letter?

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
1st it was the airlines.

Then th U.S. Embassy.

Everybody said the same thing.
" It has to do with the protection of children regarding- International travel with 1 parent, or an adult not listed on the Birth certificate."

Sounded off the wall, and is not discussed much, but there is some kind of rule that applies to children, leaving a Country with only 1 parent.

Thanks
Tim H.

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
The law is to protect from non-custody parental kidnapping. I have a form letter that I got to take the kids to Mexico. I seem to have left it in Florida. If I do find it, I will post it for people to copy. It has to be signed and notarized.

I know of people who have been stopped, so I never took the chance of travelling without one.

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
There have also been some diabolical scams in the DR in which children were removed from the country.

This law is taken seriously at the airport, and for good reason.

Negro Lindo

Dec 26, 2002
Okay but if the father is married to someone else, lives in New York and she doesn't know how to contact him is there a waiver or something you can get?

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
I never said this, OK?????

If you have a very good friend that is a Notary, practice the
John Hancock. They only look to see the letter, giving permission.
Once she is thru, get rid of it, don't use it again. If it was ever questioned at a later date, because of the father, she could simply say that she can't find it. Other wise he could cause a proble for the guy who Notarized it.

Or

Use 1 of the many on-line people searches.
2 years ago, I spent $ 30, to find an uncle that had vanished in 1965.
He borrowed $ 500, from my Dad, because the FBI wanted hime for a string of confidence scams, to the tune of $ 250,000. U.S. Dollars in 1965.
I made all the calls, no luck. And in order to transfer a piece of property to my Dad, I needed to provide a death certificate.
It took 48 hours, and a total of $ 220. to get his address and his unpublished number in Bangor, Main.
Every body thought he was dead and buried, what a surpise when he came down for his half of the property.

Any way, I would suggest you try to locate him 1st. You might be surprised that he would have no problem helping out, since its not costing him $$.

Tim H.