Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ayudame por favor

Can anyone get me the phone number for the Immigration office there in the DR? The office responsible for Dominicans leaving the country...... Thanks in advance

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Negrolindo

I would assume that you are trying to bring a Dominican to the US. I am working on bringing my novia, and son to the US. I am dealing with an immigration lawyer and let them do the work. Yesenia is going to sponsored on a K1 fiance visa and when she gets here we have to marry in 90 days. My advice is get a lawyer so that it goes smoothly and they will get you all the forms and are more rapid, plus I don't want to make a mistake on the forms. I will ask Yesenia tonight if she has the number of the immigration office but it can be a waste of time. Hell it took me about a month to get the official copy of my son's birth certificate. Actually it took a bribe of 200RD because she was tired of going from San Jose to Santo Domingo on needless trips. They are crooked and slow. If you want to know more info email me if you have more detailed questions. The only thing I will say is don't get married in the DR it will cause a huge delay in paperwork and legal costs to get a person here. Once I get the number I will post it. If you aren't trying to get a girlfriend to the US, I apologize for ranting on.
    dale7(Howard)

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want to know the process of how a Dominican can leave the DR and come to the U.S. (legally) then you must go through the U.S. Consular Section.
    U.S. Consular Section
    Their website has a lot of information, plus a phone number and email address were you can contact them and ask questions. Read through it.

If you are talking about fiances, family members and spouses you start the process from the U.S. by filling out BCIS (formerly known as INS) forms and once approved it is forwarded onto the U.S. Consulate in the DR.

My husband came here on a K1 visa and we filled out all the paperwork ourselves. It isn't too complicated but time consuming and most of all the waiting and waiting and waiting.

There are great resources on the web regarding these types of visas and a yahoo group related to the DR. If you want more info PM me. A sus ordenes.

kj

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Negrolindo,
    this is the number I was given for the embassy by her. They have options so you just press the number you would like to discuss with a representative.
    1 809 221 2171
    dale7(Howard)

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have that number, I called them and they told me to call immigration but they didn't have the number, I have searched the net and can't really find anything else. I am supposed to call a lawyer there today I guess.

ditz
    Post Thanks / Like

Dirección general de migración: (809) 508-2555

From their website: www.migracion.gov.do/

Hope that's it...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jan, I'll try that.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I called them and nobody spoke english, but I I think I got my point across with the spanish I know.
    The thing that I'm looking for or trying to find out is if I want to bring Mayra and her son to the states, will she have to have any kind of permission from the father of her son to leave the country?
    The father lives in New York anyway and the son has a passport to the states. But if the father wanted to make a stink about it would his argument be validated.
    On the phone they told me know because he is with his mother. I know I should probably ask this in Legal, right. But if you have any insight let me know. Thanks

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default If the mother has custody and the boy has a

US passport (or a Dominican passport with US entry visa) there shouldn't be any problem. It might be wise for Mom to bring the custody order (or a photocopy thereof) with her if she has one.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default If no on the custody agreement

She will need a notorized letter, from the Dad, giving her permission to take, her son out of the country.
    Don't be surprised if she is not asked for it untill, she presents passport at customs.
    Especially if flying one way.

Thanks
    Tim H.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast