Dominican Cooking

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
For new members and the regulars that may have forgotten there is a great web site to check out delicious Dominican Recipes.
They now have a message board in case you have any questions on cooking and foods. Say hi to Aunt Clara, Aunt Jane and Aunt Ilana. All great cooks from what I've heard.

Opps! lol thanks mainer

http://www.dominicancooking.com/

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
? very good article

I cut it out and will save it for autographs!

Congratulations to you all...

HB

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Absolutely - what they've said!
Out of necessity came a great service. And acclaim.
Congratulations.
I'm not worthy.
mk

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
nice job ladies...how about some shrimp!!

while on the topic of eating....let me offer this simple but tasty dish that served as dinner last night. The deviations are: adding corn to the white rice; adding crushed or finely chopped garlic and a little maple syrup to the hot butter for the shirmp.

1. 2 cups of rice, 10oz pack frozen corn, 3 cups water (variable), teaspoon olive olive oil, pinch salt...cook according yo your normal tastes (25 minutes for me)

2. boil some broccoli with a pinch of salt and black pepper (do not over boil, keep it crunchy).

3. Heat up a chunk of butter (not margerine). Add about a tablespoon of maple syrup and some crushed gralic (I used bottled fresh garlic). over medium heat add 0.8 LB large uncooked shrimp, peeled, dried and sprinkled with a little salt, and chili powder seasoning. cook about 5 minutes on each side.

Pour it over the rice....granish with the deeply green broccoli....and voila!!!

Last edited: