Volunteer

trulte

Apr 10, 2003
Does anyone know about organisations who run health projects in DR, and who could use an medical laboratory technician to help them (on lab.work or other things) for about 4-6 months?

trulte

Apr 10, 2003
some more info...

I guess I should say that my spanish is still not fluent, but well enough to have easy conversations. I am working on learning more at home, but learning it fluently is one of my reasons to go. The other is the urge to try to live in another country for a while, -getting to know it's people and it's culture.
I have been on several longer trips in Latin-America, including six weeks around DR and Haiti, which I both loved.
I would love to combine staying in another country with doing something that would help people there.

trulte

Apr 10, 2003
really...??

Please.. there must be someone knowing about places to contact??? Some help would make me superhappy:)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I'm thinking, I'm thinking

Why not talk to CARE? or the Red Cross?

There are many missions here that work in the health field. Try your local churches.

Maybe you could get someone up there to write the Ministry of Public Health and ask if you could volunteer at one of their hospitals. Or go for two years in the Peace Corps?

Maybe our friend Cris Colon can help you. He is around MDs all day long...

HB