marina in DR

ccote

Apr 13, 2003
Where are good clean marinas in Dr ? Reasonably priced for long term? Specially in the South Region except Santo Domingo.

Last edited:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Hi ccote, I know just about the Luperon marina - no idea what the prices are currently but I've e-mailed a friend there to ask about prices for you. Will let you know. Maybe Ken sees this thread - he usually has this kind of information on his fingertips.

Hope we don't miss one another when you get here again! ;)

Christa

Kiteman

Aug 25, 2002
Ccote,

in the La Romana area there are spaces for sale in the Altos de Chavon marina complex. They run about $ 3000 usd per foot with an average of 40 or 45 feet. A friend of mine just bought a 50 foot one and is happy with the purchase, I however, find it to be terribly overpriced. Don't know about renting there but will try to find out.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Found a few more places that you could investigate

http://www.privatecommunities.com/DominicanRepublic/PuntaCana/ - these folks advertise a marina

http://www.conquestvacations.com/hotels/CUMA.html

http://www.ecosamana.de/motomarina/body_motomarina.html - these folks run whaleboats during whaling season - you might contact them to ask where they dock their boats and get some information about the area.

I suggest you sail over here, go into Luperon (we've made the crossing over the banks a few times (and survived to tell the tale) - if you follow the main rumb line - you'll be fine on the banks - you may have to motor. Once you're in Luperon, make excursions by bus (cheap and fast) and check out the other places where they say they have marinas.

ccote

Apr 13, 2003
We saw Luperon and it was not what we are looking for....too far, not enough facilities and dirty surroundings.....But I will ck the others. Thanks

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Forget ecosamana. No marina in Samana. Motomarina runs trailerable boats. But boats in water most of time. If not taking paxs to see whales, they are taking them to Cayo Levantado or Los Haitises

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Best Western Metro has a marina.........

in Juan Dolio but I don't know if they rent or not.
You might want to check them out also while you're here.
They're on the Carribean side of the island halfway between La Romana and Santo Domingo.
There is a port in San Pedro but I don't know if there is a marina with rental slips. Maybe someone else can give you info on that!

monaco09

Jun 4, 2003
after a long absence, I am again wondering about the marina situation on the north coast. I hear rumours, and even see some fancy websites, but is anything available? Is there anything decent coming? It is hard to find the real info.

Related is the question of maritime laws. Last I checked in, most people thought they were going to change to make it easier to use one's boat. Has anything happened? Can one daysail etc.?

Thanks for the help!

Nov 5, 2004
monaco09 said:
after a long absence, I am again wondering about the marina situation on the north coast. I hear rumours, and even see some fancy websites, but is anything available? Is there anything decent coming? It is hard to find the real info.

Related is the question of maritime laws. Last I checked in, most people thought they were going to change to make it easier to use one's boat. Has anything happened? Can one daysail etc.?

Thanks for the help!

Are you talking about the Marina in Luperon?

If so, that is underway..they opened up a little bar by the office and have all the blueprints there..although some locals and expats there don't believe it will really get on its feet...but I think they jsut don't want it there taking over the other Marina.

ccote

Apr 13, 2003
North Coast Marina

there is a marina under construction near Puerto Plata, w/attached resort & marine park. I understand it might be ready by year end.

buseouno

Feb 22, 2005
ccote said:
there is a marina under construction near Puerto Plata, w/attached resort & marine park. I understand it might be ready by year end.

The 2 best marinas on the south side are Club Nautica, just outside of Santo Domingo next to Boca Chica, and Casa de Campo outside of LaRomana.
I don't have prices, but a previous post by Ken gives you a web site.
As another poster said, pull into any of them and travel to the rest by bus or car to check them out, it's only about 100 miles from Casa de Campo to La Heina the other side of Santo Domingo.
Ken

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Ocean World Marina 4 miles west of Puerto Plata will have the first phase of dock spaces open sometime this August (incl. the pump for diesel and gasoline), with the rest of the facilities opening this December.

There will be a total of 83 wet slips plus 2,700 feet of side-tie (set up for mega-yachts), Internet/phone connections, cable TV, water, 24 hr dock attendents, customs/immigration, laundry facilties, swimming pool, gourmet restaurant, helicopter landing pad, 1-2-3 phase power, pump-out services, food/liquor store, guest services and myriad of other services and facilities.

There will also be 216 dry-rack storage slips for boats up to 30 feet.

None of the slips will be for sale, however, there will be daily and monthly dockage fees including special 1 yr leases for residents.