Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: marina in DR

Post Thanks / Like

Post marina in DR

Where are good clean marinas in Dr ? Reasonably priced for long term? Specially in the South Region except Santo Domingo.
    Last edited by ccote; 04-13-2003 at 11:37 AM.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi ccote, I know just about the Luperon marina - no idea what the prices are currently but I've e-mailed a friend there to ask about prices for you. Will let you know. Maybe Ken sees this thread - he usually has this kind of information on his fingertips.

Hope we don't miss one another when you get here again!

Christa

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

ccote, for info on marinas on south coast, your best source is Centro Marino http://www.centromarino.net/

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Ccote,

in the La Romana area there are spaces for sale in the Altos de Chavon marina complex. They run about $ 3000 usd per foot with an average of 40 or 45 feet. A friend of mine just bought a 50 foot one and is happy with the purchase, I however, find it to be terribly overpriced. Don't know about renting there but will try to find out.

Post Thanks / Like

You are right...that is grossly overpriced. Thanks for looking

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Found a few more places that you could investigate

http://www.privatecommunities.com/Do...lic/PuntaCana/ - these folks advertise a marina

http://www.conquestvacations.com/hotels/CUMA.html

http://www.ecosamana.de/motomarina/body_motomarina.html - these folks run whaleboats during whaling season - you might contact them to ask where they dock their boats and get some information about the area.

I suggest you sail over here, go into Luperon (we've made the crossing over the banks a few times (and survived to tell the tale) - if you follow the main rumb line - you'll be fine on the banks - you may have to motor. Once you're in Luperon, make excursions by bus (cheap and fast) and check out the other places where they say they have marinas.

Post Thanks / Like

We saw Luperon and it was not what we are looking for....too far, not enough facilities and dirty surroundings.....But I will ck the others. Thanks

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Forget ecosamana. No marina in Samana. Motomarina runs trailerable boats. But boats in water most of time. If not taking paxs to see whales, they are taking them to Cayo Levantado or Los Haitises

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Western Metro has a marina.........

in Juan Dolio but I don't know if they rent or not.
    You might want to check them out also while you're here.
    They're on the Carribean side of the island halfway between La Romana and Santo Domingo.
    There is a port in San Pedro but I don't know if there is a marina with rental slips. Maybe someone else can give you info on that!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

after a long absence, I am again wondering about the marina situation on the north coast. I hear rumours, and even see some fancy websites, but is anything available? Is there anything decent coming? It is hard to find the real info.

Related is the question of maritime laws. Last I checked in, most people thought they were going to change to make it easier to use one's boat. Has anything happened? Can one daysail etc.?

Thanks for the help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast