Death in the family

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
It is with heavy heart that I announce the death of my Dominicana, Alicia; my wife of 36 years. She passed away suddenly and unexpectedly last week.

She always enjoyed looking over my shoulder when I read DR1 posts and especially enjoyed those written in Cibae?o and other dialects by authors such as golo, HB, joseito, and others.

We had planned to vacation in the DR after Easter; I will probably keep those plans. I plan to spend a few days in San Francisco de Macor?s, then Santiago, and the north shore. Maybe I can hook up with some of you guys.

Swede

tondra

Dec 12, 2002
www.professionalsintouch.com
Lo Siento

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to lose a companion of 36 years! My thoughts are with you and I hope your coming trip to the DR will bring some comfort.

Tondra

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
Oh my God, Mr. Swede! I am so sorry to hear that!

You and your family have my heartfelt condolences for this great loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Take care,
Indie

Last edited:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Lo siento!

My heart goes out to you Swede and to your family.

I know what still goes through my heart when I think of the son we lost and I can't imagine what it would be like to lose my lifes' partner (we're 33 yrs together).

May your trip back to the island bring back fond memories of the life you shared!!

judyisnice

Oct 11, 2002
I'v felt your loss....

You have my hearthfelt condolences

Give yourself all the time you need to heal....but keep her momories in your heart foever....SHE'S STILL WITH YOU.....YOU JUST CAN'T SEE HER

JUDY

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
swede,

Please accept our condolences you must have been great friends to have lasted 36 years and inspiration to us all. Keep the memories alive!

kj

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Swede,

Please accept my condolances as my precious Giselle and I head towards 26 years of usual but not always bliss. I feel for you from the bottom of my heart as if I had known both of you for an eternity as I know how I would feel without my better half.

Please do keep your plans as I know Alicia would want you to as she watches from on high.

Go with God.

Gregg
Peace

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
This is sad news to hear. I am sure she lives on all around you in the memories you have of her.

May the peace that passes all understanding be with you. God bless you!

Amity

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Hola m65swede

We are truly sorry for your loss.

As we read your post, my wife & I, had a discussion about what to do if the same were to happen too us.

VERY close to home.

But the 1 thing we both agreed on was---
We would want the other to continue on, and live life, as if both were still alive.

A tremendous cut to the HEART, is what you have right now.
They say--Time heals all wounds. Only you can decide that.

Our thoughts are with you- as you must now face everything you do, solo, with out your life's partner.

You are in our thoughts, as to why we must disscuss this between us now--not later.

Thank you for your post.
We are deeply sorry for your loss,

Timk & Mechi H.

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
Lo Siento

Swede, Please accept our most profound condolences on the loss of your wife. We will have our thirtyfifth anniversary next month, so I have some idea of your loss. Our prayers are with you and your family in this most trying time.
John & Joanne

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Oh my God! I am sorry Swede, so sorry. Pls. accept my condolences.

Just remember, as dark as it may seem now, things will be better soon. And she'll always be with you for as long as you remember her with love.

All my love,
Pib

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
Swede,

I am so sorry for your lost, the memories will make it easier to deal with as time goes on. I hope you find comfort in the love you shared for so many years.

May God bless you and your family.

Lina