Electricity in the Manzanillo area

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Praise the Lord and pass the luz, please!!! We now have full electricity 24 hours/day, give or take a couple when they forget to refuel the tanks. The northern grid is now fully operational, according to the powers that be ( hehehe):cool: ,and I am so overwhelmed by having all my electrical appliances working at the same time I can hardly stand it. Additionally, the latest rumor to emerge is that a coal burning plant will be built RIGHT HERE in Manzanillo to supplant some(?) of the diesel and fuel oil plants serving thi grid. About half the town will be relocated as a result of this endeavor along the banks of the Masacre. That's going over like a lead baloon with those to be relocated. A lot of new construction has been going on in the area designated and people are really pissed about this development in their neighborhood. Not to mention the sut and smoke problems that will develop down the line.
Just thought I'd sling this out for those interested.
Have several nice days.
Texas Bill

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Guess you don't know the "RULES"! Tex

You NEVER,EVER,talk about how "GOOD" the electricity is flowing in your area! It is like talking about a "No-Hitter" before the game is finished! You have "Jinxed" yourself now!!! You will probably have 2 weeks without "Luz",or "Agua"! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Easy there CC. Manzanillo has its own generator for the whole town. It is also used by the port when there's no power, an inheritance from the old Banana company.

Well, TBill, I am here truly hoping that things go well for Manzanillo. I have many, er, interests there :)

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Electricity in Manzanillo

Pib---The old plant went to bed about 6 months ago. The new one was installed/up and running around the first of the year. It has taken them until last month to get their act together and hook up to the new 132KVA grid in this area. Problem is, it's oly a 3-wirw service transmission line, so it will need to be expanded in another year. Manzanillo is one of the substations serving this community AND the total grid. There is another plant in Monticristi whic is also hooked in, but continues to have problems. Evidently the Korean nationals who built and installed the one here didn't get that far, or else they couldn't teach the blockheads how to stabilize the output from that plant. We still get an occassional surge (300 volts) when that system comes on line. The operators there haven't learned to stabilize prior to tieing in.
Now all we need is for the 3 kilometer section of the road to Copey paved and we can join the rest of the world.
Texas Bill:cool: