Hurricane Season Mid September???? Tell Me I'm Wrong......

Ally Jones

Apr 19, 2003
Just been informed on another similar forum that its hurricane season in mid september.

Anyone been in September and had a hurricane ???

I can handle an hour of rain or so in an afternoon, but hurricanes, tell me not so.

Ally.x UK:confused:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Yes, that is in the hurricane season, but that doesn't mean you will see one or be affected by one.

Odds are great you won't be bothered during your visit, no matter where you are staying, and if on the north coast, the odds are even greater.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It's not like before

Way back when, like in the 60s, we knew a hurricane was coming if we got a call or telegram from a friend in the States that had heard about it on the radio or TV....They never knew diddley squat here.

I can remember, on my good days, standing on the Malecon in Santo Domingo and letting the waves and spray wash over me as Ines or one of the early 60s hurricans came by.

FYI, the hurrican's season is May to November. There are eight predicted for this year. The El Ni?o is retreating and that might up the number. Last year we had zilch, zero, nada worth talking about.what, me worry? No way.

Please do not worry about hurricanes if you are planning a trip. We get two weeks of warnings and hourly updates. You can go to www.weather.com and look at the Tr5opical Updates and see if anything interesting is coming across from the tip of Africa, off Cape Verde.

As Ken said, above, if you are thinking North Coast, you have an incredibly low chance of getting more than a cloudy sky...

Our place on the beach is wooden and has been there for over 35 years! Nary a loose piece of roofing tin!...

HB