bacardi island

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
The hotel is owned by the government and was most recently operated by Occidental Hotels. It was closed several years ago. Occidental also operated the government-owned Cayocoa hotel overlooking Samana harbor and the Gran Bahia opposite Cayo Levantado (Bacardi Island) on the north shore of the bay. However, I heard rumors they were no longer operating the Gran Bahia and I don't know the current status of the Cayocoa.

bredaf

Apr 21, 2003
Andy B said:
The hotel is owned by the government and was most recently operated by Occidental Hotels. It was closed several years ago. Occidental also operated the government-owned Cayocoa hotel overlooking Samana harbor and the Gran Bahia opposite Cayo Levantado (Bacardi Island) on the north shore of the bay. However, I heard rumors they were no longer operating the Gran Bahia and I don't know the current status of the Cayocoa.

Thank you so much. I appreciate your help. Do you know why the hotel on the Island became defunct, I heard rumours about staff having to be off the Island by a certain time. Also would it be possible to purchase this unfinished building. Thanks again.