JULY ? packing.

lindalyn

Feb 15, 2003
So for those of you living out there in DR... or those who have been there in July, how should I pack for a July trip? I hear that its a scorcher out there. And is there any thing that I should purchase here (NY) that would probably cost more over there or wouldbe hard to find? traveling w/ children. Thanks for the info!;)

oops i posted this topic on the wrong thread....sorry moderator:confused:

Last edited:

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
All I remember is that it's damn hot in Santo Domingo and I always take more shirts/t shirts than shorts or pants. I would go through at least two a day, that is after showering about 4 times throughout the day/evening, no joke.

I loved it, but when you get one shirt all sweaty and stinking you don't want to have to wear it again because you ran out of clothes.

lindalyn

Feb 15, 2003
ok then im gonna have to pack ALOT! :cool:

i also heard that suntan oil /block is expensive over there. true?

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Yes......bring lots of sunscreen/block!

You'll need it.......
If you can find the after shower lotion that contains powder (it's liquid that dries to a powder) bring some of that also.....it's great for helping you keep your cool!

Ann W Brown

Feb 27, 2003
Hi Lindalyn and others, I, too am wondering about the weather in July. Have you picked out where you are going to stay Yet? I wonder if the windward side (north coast?) has more relief with the trade winds. I also wonder if we will need AC to sleep well at night. I will be traveling with my hubbie and 2 teenage sons, 14 & 19. please read my post in the general travel forum, adventure tours vs. do it myself. I would love to chat with you on our home e-mail. You can reach me at aewbrown@attbi.com. Caio, Ann B.