Beer

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Anyone know where I can find a beer distributor in Santo Domingo area that sells alot of imported beer..mainly American beer...wholesale? I've called a few places from the phone book and they can't help me. Would like to kind Iron City, Stoneys, Milwakee, Rolling Rock, Budweiser and so on.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Maybe you should hit up the Multicentro or any big supermarkets but the prices might hurt your feelings........It's crazy that you're in DR looking for imported beer and I'm in a part of the US where you can't get a decent Presidente, actually you can't get it period :ermm: . It's alright I'll settle for Coronas for now..........till I go to DC next month and get a Presidente for myself

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Jan why not ask the bars and stores that carry imported beer who their suppliers are.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Jan

IMHO...and not knowing much about bar buinsess in DR...I think selling imported beer would be a mistake.You would have to charge too much for it in order to make a profit. Besides..when people are on vacation they usually drink the local beer in order to get more of a local experience....especially if that beer is as good and as cheap as presidente is.Sometimes,keeping it simple is better. Just a thought.
Larry

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Talk to the people at Marcas Premium

They are major wholesalers. Presidente imports Miller, the Cervecer?a Vegana imports Labatts

You might try and see if you can import from US Distributors, bet the PIB could handle the shipping details and so forth.

Most of those brands do not have a following here. Remember that Phillip Morris owns Miller and all the beers associated with Miller. And PM owns Presidente more or less....

Good luck and onward with your plans...

HB

jojocho

Jul 10, 2002
Other beers

You might also want to try Diageo (formerly known as United Distillers or something like that) in Santo Domingo. They import Becks and the likes. Cerveceria Nacional Dominicana also has Heineken.

You might also want to talk to the folks at Beer House (Churchill esq. Gustavo Mejia Ricart). They had a lot of imported beer so they might be willing to tell you who they bought it from if your bar will not be in direct competition with them.

On another note, Phillip Morris sold Miller to South African Breweries last year, so I don't know what the deal is with Cervecereia Nacional Dominicana/E. Leon Jimenes at the present time.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Thanks. Already talked to Cerveceria Nacional and they have all the basics.
I'll have to go and talk to the people at the beer house and see if they'll give me any info. I know for sure my place won't clash with theirs.
Thanks for all the info so far!

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I have never seen Budweiser in the DR. Miller is available as the Dominicans tend to dirnk it. I find that silly as they have th best and coldest beer in the world and they want MGD? Yuk.

As others have said, I've seen heineken becks, Corona and even Tecate, but no Anheiser Bush products etc.

Let us know when you open up! I'll stop by for a beer or twenty! Heck I'll even shoot some video and put it online.

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
Iron City? Hope you have a large Pittsburgh clientel. Get some Yuegling lager and I'll try and stop in next trip.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Still getting the plan together. Looking for the location now. Looked at a few places today and nothing has "hit" me yet. But collecting all the info so when I find the place I'll be ready.
On the quest for the perfect location now. Any place you know of in Zona Colonial area please let me know.

MaryS

Feb 13, 2003
good luck jan

what kind of place will it be? music, beer, food? american flavor or dr?

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Sad to say the bar plans are on hold right now. The investor didn't come through yet. It still could happen but just not yet. I'll keep all informed if and when it happens.
Thanks for the site. Lots of info there for sure.