Cabarete

noahk

Apr 22, 2003
Does anyone have a recommendation for a beach house/hotel in Cabarete that is inexpensive, close to the beach and comfortable?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
How much more or less did you want to spend? Do you want to be in the center of the happenings or a little off to the side? Let me know and I'll make some suggestions.

noahk

Apr 22, 2003
I was looking to spend as little as possible for two people near the beach. Being near the beach, a nice beach, is more important then being near the action.

onionhed

Dec 11, 2002
We stayed at the Villa Taina. Loved it! $70US/ night. I know there are cheaper places but You get what pay for. We had sat. tv, DSL hookup, air conditioning and breakfast all included. It's right on the beach in town, close to everthing. Very nice staff.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Villa Taino is just about on the beach. Our friends that visit usually stay in the Cita Del Sol, which is across the road from the beach. Rates are $50.00 to $70.00 a night. In off-season, their rates drop to $30.00.

If the beach is most important, Villa Taino is the better location. There are cheaper places - my really cheap friends stay in the Banana Boat which is a surfer's inn and very basic at $15.00 a night. You walk across the road to the beach.

onionhed

Dec 11, 2002
I think we may have stayed in a new building that was actually on the beach across the ally from the reception office. We walked out of our building and only thing that separated us from the beach was the pool and small resturant.

noahk

Apr 22, 2003
Would you happen to know anything about the Casa Blanca the Cabarete Surf Camp? Thanks

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
Hi Noah,
I was in Cabarete this morning and got some info on a surf camp in Cabarete. The price is $175US for a week (mon-fri) for one, or $115US per person if there are four or more persons.

The website is www.noworkteamcabarete.com and the email is noworkteam@hotmail.com. I cannot recommend or not recommend this camp. I just picked up a pamphlet at a surf shop where we sometimes buy stuff. Maybe someone from Cabarete can give more info as to the quality of the camp.

Mainer

PS The Villa Taina is a beautiful hotel with lots to do in the area. I would recommend that hotel.

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
Surf Camp is located in Pro Cab, a private street located behind the main street of Cabarete. You have three choices of places to stay there. The huts which are similar to hostel type housing, the new cottages which have bedroom/bathroom/shower and cana roof, and the apts which are very charming with nice patios. Surf Camp is about a 5 minute walk into town. Surf Camp has a restaurant that many of the locals frequent. Food is cheap to moderate. The house special is Churasco, a thinly pounded flank stank marinated in yummy spices. Pizza oven is currently being built and new decks, etc.

Casa Blanca is a well run, simple but affordable property located on the beach side of the street. It is not beachfront but is just about 50-100 feet away.

Villa Taina is a wonderful property. If you can afford it, try and stay there.

When are you coming again? I am part owner of a kitesurfing school in Cabarete and book many people into hotels between Cabarete and Kite Beach. For help, please contact me direct at info@kitexcite.com

Marina
Cabarete

noahk

Apr 22, 2003
Is Olas de Oro villas or sol bonito's aparments worth the money? Also is Wilson's Beachhouse nice? What is the format for kitesurfing schools?

onionhed

Dec 11, 2002
We stayed at olas de oro and for the $ your better off at Villas Taina it was $5 to $10 more and you didnt have walk 10 min to get to town. The road has no shoulder and the trafic flies through there. The beach is a far safer bet if you dont mind the sand in your shoes The building we stayed in was away from the beach aprox. 50 yards. It was however on the end of the beach that all the kitesurfers were on. They charged $5.00 extra for air conditioning and had no TV.

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
Depends.. some hotel rates include tax, others don't. Villa Taina rates don't....

RE: villas, I think they are totally worth the money when you have 3 or more people, or like to be more independent.

Are you coming for a relaxing beach holiday or to windsurf and/or kitesurf?

Marina

oniblast

Apr 26, 2003
noahk, I am pretty sure that what u r looking will be this...http://www.tropicalclubs.com one of them is right on the beach and right in the center of the action....next to all the bars on the beach and it's not expensive at all, plus it is all inclusive so u won't have to worry about ur three hot ones...