low-budget

GuRu

Apr 22, 2003
Hi all,

Next Tuesday I go to the DR. I'll spend 3weeks travelling around alone... One of my priorities is the Samana peninsula...
Can somebody give me some usefull hints on cheap hotels where I can stay for less then 20US$ ? This for Samana, Las Galeras, Las Terrennas and for Santo Domingo as well where I will stay the first and last few nights of my trip ...
Things not to miss are welcome as well ;)

Tnx in advance,

GuRu

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
When in Santo Domingo, my wife and I stay and La Grand Mansion on Danae (682-2033/689-8758). Price for one person is RD$350/night, for two RD$400/night. No pool, TV or AC, but clean,
comfortable beds and private bath.

GuRu

Apr 22, 2003
Tnx for the tip Ken, I've reading about La Grand Mansion and it 's highlighted already...
tnx to rbazan as well. I visited the site of tropical-lodge before... It's on my list now!

Greetz,

GuRu

GuRu

Apr 22, 2003
Does somebody know sth about La mansion (Dr Baez 1) in Santo Domingo ? Also called Hostal Primaveral...
Is it truely such a convivial spot as they write in some guide ?

Greetz,

GuRu

Last edited:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I used to stay there, but switched to La Grand Mansion. It has a bar, so it may be that it has changed from when I was last there.

GuRu

Apr 22, 2003
Why did you switch ? because it didn't have a bar ?
I only need a place to sleep, the rest of time I'll be on the street or at the beach, so I don't really need a bar.
;)
In which barrio is La Grand Mansion ??

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I switched because it was a better value. La Grand Mansion is in Gazcue. It is a block off Independencia in the general vicinity of Clinica Abreu. Has 9 rooms.

ArJay

Jan 1, 2002
Las Galeras, Cafe Gri Gri as you enter town ( before the beach ).

Las Terrenas, Casa Nina, round the big bend at the beach and down a mile or 2 on the right. Friendly, good rooms and service.

rooms are in the $20 range, both places