House or apartment in Puerto Plata

Claudia

Jan 8, 2002
About how much does it cost to rent a house or apartment in Puerto Plata????? (2/3 bdrm)

Claudia

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
From RD $3,500 in a rough area, RD $7,000 in a better area & RD $12,000 in an up-market area. You can rent a 3 bedroomed house round the corner from me at RD $20,000 p.m.!! If you want electricity, you might have to pay that extra, swimming pool is DEFINATELY extra. Over in Costambar they could be a bit cheaper & in Sosua/Cabarete too prices could be lower!!

Do you want it furnished??? Near the shops? On the beach? With A/C? How long is your piece of string?? - Grahame.

Claudia

Jan 8, 2002
Thanks BushBaby,
Actually, I live in Santo Domingo, and I'm thinking of moving to Puerto Plata (is just a thought right now) this is why I'm trying to get information. Right now I pay 10,000 in rent, but everything depends on the job that I can get.
I was thinking of an apartment in a nice area, swimming pool and air conditioning is not that important. I'm dominican and I've always lived in the capital in Gazcue, close to Bellas Artes, which is a nice and quiet area, and my husband is american, so I need an area that is not going to be dangerous and noisy.

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
There are beautiful 100m2 one bedroom condos just this side of Sosua for $300 bucks including utilities. In a small complex with a nice pool.

Edited to add: The Cabarete side of Sosua.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Not noisy or dangerous - hmmm, that rules out putting you in an US American area then!!! Jazz has just bought a plot of land somewhere & you DON'T want to be near HIM!!!!

I would have thought the apartments near the Malecon would be suitable - they are quiet & safe, only time there is lots of noise is when the Malecon has "Festivals", "Parades" or car racing events taking place - normaly just ONE of them each month!! Cost of these is RD $7,000 p.m. (2 bedrooms, lounge/kitchen/dining area, bathroom & balcony. Dominican owned & run! Speak with Carmen direct on 586 5705 if you are coming up this way. - Grahame