san juan, PR to puerto plata

tnagz

Apr 28, 2003
hello all. I am new to the board and I am looking for some flight info. I am trying to plan a flight leaving from san juan to puerto plata leaving on May 16 (afternoon) and returning on May 22(whenever). I would like to know what airlines fly, price, and booking info if anyone knows of anything. The cheapest I have found is AA and they are $268 ea. I will need 2 tickets. Does anyone know of any local and reliable airlines that fly cheaper than this? Thanks for all of your help on this post and the others that I am reading!!!

Ray of Light

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 19, 2003
AA is the only airline that provides service to POP from SJU.

16MAY
1 SJU POP 1210 1340 @AA5186

THU 22MAY03
POP SJU 1414 1545 @AA5187 AT7*
POP SJU 1555 1723 @AA5161 AT7*

272 USD rt with all taxes.

tnagz

Apr 28, 2003
What about to Santo Domingo? Any cheaper or is that about as good as it gets? Thanks!!

Ray of Light

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 19, 2003
P Plata is 5 hours away by car from S Domingo.

Air Santo Domingo provides lower fare, it is like 191 USD .

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
tnagz said:
hello all. I am new to the board and I am looking for some flight info. I am trying to plan a flight leaving from san juan to puerto plata leaving on May 16 (afternoon) and returning on May 22(whenever). I would like to know what airlines fly, price, and booking info if anyone knows of anything. The cheapest I have found is AA and they are $268 ea. I will need 2 tickets. Does anyone know of any local and reliable airlines that fly cheaper than this? Thanks for all of your help on this post and the others that I am reading!!!

You could take the 12 hour ferry then drive another 10 hours to PP or you could pay the $268 bucks.

To save $70 flying to SDQ then driving 5 hours to PP is , well, is that worth $70? Assuming you have a car somehow waiting in SDQ airport for you.

Fly on a reliable airline from where you are to where you want to go.

tnagz

Apr 28, 2003
Yeah, it sounds like the AA flight is the way to go. With only a 7 day trip, who wants to spend 12 hours x 2 of it sitting on a ferry. I appreciate everyone's response though! I can't wait to make the trip. We plan on coming down in mid may (obviously).

We are going to make reservations as we go while we are down there. While I am up for staying at $10 places a night, I don't believe my wife is. Can anyone tell me if we will have good luck staying in beachfront places with hot water, relatively crawling-bug-free, and paying around $50-75 a day with no advance booking? Not really interested in all inclusive places.

Also, thought about renting a car to drive easterly at least as far as Samana. Is a rent a car necessary or would using a gua gua be just as easy, and possibly cheaper?
Thanks for the info!

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
hi,

If you would like to stay in Cabarete, please contact me directly at info@kitexcite.com. I book lodging (no extra cost to you you or hidden fees) for the same price or better than when you book direct. There are several nice places to choose from in the $50-$75 range, and some even cheaper, depending on amenities you want and if you want ac, oceanview, breakfast included. Also location.

RE: going to Samana, I don't recommend that you get a gua gua. If you're wife is not into a $10 a night place, she definitely won't appreciate being crammed inside a mini van with 15 people for 3 hours! I would rent a car or find a reliable taxi driver. I have some guests who hired a driver in Cabarete for $150 for 3 days in Las Terrenas. No worries about driving, finding things, etc.....

all the best,

Marina

S

Stephen

AA Netsaaver Fares

In this weeks AA Netssaver fares San Juan to Puerto Plata is only $109. round trip total with all taxes. It is for the week BEFORE you are coming, but if you wait til next Tuesday (they publish every tuesday), maybe it will be repeated for your week.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Re: AA Netsaaver Fares

Stephen said:
In this weeks AA Netssaver fares San Juan to Puerto Plata is only $109. round trip total with all taxes. It is for the week BEFORE you are coming, but if you wait til next Tuesday (they publish every tuesday), maybe it will be repeated for your week.

Won't work from a Friday (16) to return on a Thursday (22) though. Out on the weekend back Monday or Tuesday.

S

Stephen

Wednesday to Wednesdays

The INTERNATIONAL FARES from Wednesday to Wednesday. You have to read the bottom of the international fares carefully. They have been doing that for over 1 year. I have used them often. It's the domestic that runs Friday to Tuesday.

S

Stephen

This is what it says:

Sorry for the second post:

AA States:

the International Weekend Getaways offer has
expanded to allow you to stay an entire week! Now you can
depart Wednesday, Thursday or Friday and return the following
Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday for the same low price!

This has been for over at least 1 year.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Well scant help

He's leaving Friday coming back Thursday so Wed-Wed is not a lot of help. Plus I am not sure they count the Caribbean as international or domestic.

S

Stephen

Ricktoronto. First, Carribean is and has always been International................and if you would read the AA Netsaaver mail that they send out, San Juan to POP is in the INTERNATIONAL SECTION. AND, the point of the posts were that if there was an opportunity to travel during a Wednesday to Wednesday time period for a fare less than 1/2 of the one they are considering, they MAY WANT TO CHANGE THEIR DATES.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Then again

Stephen said:
, they MAY WANT TO CHANGE THEIR DATES.

..maybe they don't want to do that.

I suppose given no restrictions at all on the actual question one could scour all the airlines etc., and find even cheaper fares, I was merely establishing that as to what he actually said, and nothwithsanding the up to Wednesday departure permitted, that dog don't hunt 'cause the days of the week are not coincident, specifically the gentleman's request vs. the fulfilment possibility raised by you.

Op cit, QED.