Good ways to make travel easier with Frequent Flyer miles

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Thought this would be a good thread. A LOT of us travel to the DR often and make good use of frequent flyer miles and bumps for vouchers so I cut and pasted to start a new thread instead of hijacking another completely.

Lets exchange some good info here guys by posting your knowledge here.

I will start with this one because it was easy and go into bumping on another post.

KenoshaChris said:
Got 2 free trips this winter with bumps and three free ones with miles. That works well for a guy thats down there once a month.

I did 3 free trips plus 108 that was left over on vouchers for a 4th where I paid the difference. I also did Easter, Christmas and Thanksgiving on FF miles. I still have 87k miles on American which is just under 3 trips but will be over on my next statement.

Previous Summary Balance 87,564
Total Mileage Posted Since Last Summary 0
Current Mileage Balance 87,564
Date of Last Activity 04/09/03

I had the window open:) I also just returned so add one more flight not posted. AA Dining is a great deal also. I had dinner last night that cost 70- bux and I get 10 miles for every dollar spent so add another 700 plus one mile for every dollar since I used AAdvantage Citibank credit card for a total of 770 miles for dinner last night. You can only go once a month to each restaurant but I go to many.

More ways to skin the cat than meets the eye.

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
Over the last year I cut out ff miles coupons from the back of Kellogg ceral boxes. Soon my family was involved and mailing them to me... I was able to add 1000 miles to my account and 1000 to my husband's. Still working on them, though I hear that they aren't placing the coupons on the ceral boxes now.

I am just under 28,000 miles. Looking forward to making enough for a free trip this year.

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
I read this a while ago from another poster

I don't mean to steal their words, but if you visit www.opinionplace.com you can earn 150-300miles for doing a survey every two weeks, have to be in the AA program or can sign up and then take surveys. I have tried it but I am not that dedicated.
dale7(Howard)

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
Went out to dinner Sunday evening with my wife and daughter, bill including tip was $90.00. This restaurant gives 20 miles per dollar with Advantage Dining. 1,800 miles and a hell of a delicious meal!
Previously with American West Flight fund, between the credit card and dining I have a 132,00 mile balance.
A word of caution for anyone thinking about getting an airline credit card DON?T!! UNLESS YOU ARE ABLE TO PAY THE BALANCE EACH MONTH, these cards are high interest plus annual fee. If you run a high balance you will be paying through the A** for your miles!
John

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
johnsr said:
Went out to dinner Sunday evening with my wife and daughter, bill including tip was $90.00. This restaurant gives 20 miles per dollar with Advantage Dining. 1,800 miles and a hell of a delicious meal!
Previously with American West Flight fund, between the credit card and dining I have a 132,00 mile balance.
A word of caution for anyone thinking about getting an airline credit card DON?T!! UNLESS YOU ARE ABLE TO PAY THE BALANCE EACH MONTH, these cards are high interest plus annual fee. If you run a high balance you will be paying through the A** for your miles!
John

I almost signed up for the card yesterday until I saw the $50 Annual Fee and thought to myself...there has got to be a better way!

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
I almost signed up for the card yesterday until I saw the $50 Annual Fee and thought to myself...there has got to be a better way!

Kjdrga, If you use the card for EVERYTHING as I do the $50.00 fee is nothing. I pay ALL my bills with the card, when any of my friends or myself make a major purchase I charge it for them and get the cash. I will most likely charge around $45,000.00 this year. We also eat out every Sunday and with the "Advantage Dining" that's one hell of a lot more miles. My ticket for JFK - POP 5/17/03 was $65.00 my wifes was $409.00. Next trip she will get a free (except taxes) Flight.

LIFE IS GOOD!!
John:cool: