Tropical House

Status
Not open for further replies.

beach bum

Dec 18, 2002
I was a victum fooled by Ms. Pellerin, thankfully everything turned out ok. I came to DR never living there before and had been doing quite abit of research over the internet. I had come across the tropical house website. Everything sounded great so i thought i would give it a try. Thankfully i didn't wire any money down like Ms. Pellerin had asked for. After a long flight we went out Tropical House to settle in. We had a long drive on one the worst roads i have been on, both in Canada and DR and finally found the place. Realizing we weren't close to any facilities (bank, supermaket etc.) and knowing that we were going to have to travel along this road to get anywhere i was already having second thoughts. Diane had given us a tour of a few of the apartments, and might first impression was that these places were an absolute dump. I had nothing to compare them to because as of this time i hadn't seen any other apartments in Puerto Plata but I thought they can't be worst then this. I had wanted to check somewhere else out before i had made the committment of living there. Once in the city i found an apartment right away (thanks to some great help). This apartment was very clean and modern and something I would be living in in Canada. So we felt way more comfortable. The price of this place was actually cheaper and in a wonderful, quite area with everything close by; restuarants, beach, downtown, supermarket etc. I know tropical house is probably a wonderful place for some people but just a word of advice for newcomers; check the place out before sending any money down and don't think this is your only option of a place to stay just because she has a wonderful website up. There are lots of nice places around for half the cost, and way more conveniant

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Do I have a deal for you! You send me check, me send you picture. OK?

I'm not trying to defend anyone here but please, do people actually believe everything they see on a website?
I looked at that website a long time ago and I could clearly see it was in the middle of no where. If it's too good to be true it more than likely isn't a great deal.

And I also read long ago about getting jobs at the near by Playa dorada but there is no way in heaven and earth that I would up root my whole life and family and just move based on one person.

I asked many many questions from this board, then I went to spend a month in Sosua to see if I could make it on my own. I talked to business owners, Real Estate people. Lawyers and asked anyone who lived there for more than a holiday how they are doing and how they went about it.

Sorry, my ranting for the month...I promise. :cool:

skrojsan

Jul 23, 2002
Hello Beach bum, why do you state you are a victim and fooled by Ms Pellerin?
She has not forced you to stay at Tropical House, neither to pay in advance.
You sent her emails and she replied to them.
You had not made a reservation, and Ms. Pellerin took the time to show you the available spaces at Tropical House when your company showed up.
This was not in your taste, so you moved on and found somewhere else to stay, good for you!

In this business most companies have reservation- and cancellation terms.
To activate a reservation a desposit is required.
This is really not unusal.
This goes for Tropical House, hotels, apartment properties,
resorts etc.
If you don?t make a reservation, you will of course not pay in advance, and will have to choose of what?s available upon arrival.
Some people prefer the security of making their reservation before arriving, and some people prefer not to.
This is up to every individual, so your advise to newcomers will be appliable for those who doesn?t need the security of knowing where to stay upon their arrival.
When you advise newcomers not to pay reservation deposits, you are a little naive because then you would need a major change in the whole system in the tourism branch worldwide.

The rates of the apartments at Tropical House, is actually not
any of your business. This is a desision of the Tropical House Management Team only.
Companies all over the world desides that themselves, so do we.
Your opinion is that Tropical House was too expensive for you
in comparence to what you get, so you choosed something else
instead.
People are all different, and it is always up to the client to choose where to buy a service.
You have not bought any services by us, so you can not complain really.

The location and address of Tropical House is stated on the website, very clear, both in words and also by a map.
We are located in Mu?oz, by the river, appr. 2 km from Playa Dorada. This is where our guests enjoy restaurants, shopping etc.
This information is also stated on the website.
So no secret about that.

I don?t understand why you give people so little credit, when you think they might believe Tropical House is their only option.
DR is crowded with places, apartment properties, hotels, rooms to rent, 5 star resorts etc. I am sure every person can find a place that fulfill their needs for staying here.

So, honestly, you are fooled by noone, and certainly not by Ms. Pellerin or Tropical House.
Don?t even go there.

Carina Sunesson
The Tropical House Team

Tropical House

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
More Pellegrin Sagas, Oh No.

One thread locked so someone opens an new one, great.

Status
Not open for further replies.