Rochester or Up State NY'er coming this way??

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Is there anyone from the Rochester area coming down to Puerto Plata during May please? I need something odering & bringing down from Interplak (Bausch & Lomb) that I don't appear to be able to get in this country. Thanks - Grahame.

Last edited:

Jerry

Jan 1, 2002
www.livinginsantiago.com
Grahame

If you can get it ordered and delivered to Niagara Falls (US side) by noon on Friday, I will be in Santo Domingo this Sunday. We could then work on getting it to POP. How big?

Email me if I can help.

Jerry

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hello Jerry - Nice to hear from you & glad to hear you are coming to spend more money down here!!! What you going down THAT end for??? You KNOW we look after you best up here!! Would LOVE to see you if you make it up north!!
The item is a battery pack for an electric (battery) toothbrush for "She that must be Obeyed". Regrettably, I don't think Interplak (Bausch & Lomb) will be able to get it to you by Friday noon as I am in the process of ordering it tonight - they'll have the order by opening up of post a.m. tomorrow. Even if they RUSH things through & post it tomorrow (which I think is risky to presume) I don't think the post will get it from Rochester to you at Niagara (North side) before Saturday earliest - more like Monday of next week!!
Hope to see you this trip if you can make it - Grahame.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Grahame

Hi Grahame,
I plan on coming down end of May/Early June.I am not sure of my exact dates yet but I'd be happy to bring it to you. I'll go to Rochester, pick it up for you and hand deliver it.

Larry

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Thanks Larry, that sounds like a good plan!! I DO need it down here for 3rd June (The "Boss's" Birthday treat - decided to get her one this year!!). I am checking another two options which may guarantee end of May delivery, so if you could give me a day or two to sort out best options, I will get back to you to confirm things. Again, Thanks for the offer to help me get a set of "gleaming whites" across the breakfast table again - Grahame.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Grahame

It would be no problem.Like I said I havent finalized the dates of my trip but I would say 90% it would be late May as opposed to early June. If you want to explore your other options no problem..just let me know if you need me to get it for you. It would be my pleasure.
Larry

Jerry

Jan 1, 2002
www.livinginsantiago.com
Grahame

Is this something that I could pick up here in a store, or must it come from the manufacture in Rochester. If I would have known a bit earlier, one of our guys was in Rochester for a couple days before he came through the Falls.

As far as going North, well that is depending on the consulate and family commitments. I know the wife wants to have an away week-end, but we have not decided which direction to go yet. Also there is talk about a day or two in Nagua

Sorry just don't have time to make it to Rochester before I head out. Can they UPS red it to Tampa for Saturday delivery? will be at my parents house before heading out.

Jerry

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Bush Baby, I am in Long Island NY and am heading to the DR next wednesday. I live in Santo Domingo but am planning a trip up to the North Coast. Let me know if I can help.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Grahame

If you me to bring it down to you, you'll need to contact the place in Rochester and have them mail the item to me first. Rochester is further away from me than I realized. Really makes no difference in the result because it should take no more than a few days in the post for me to recieve it after you contact them.Arent you lucky to have so many people jumping to help you? LOL.

Larry

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
WOW!!! .... My head is spinning with the options available to me!! Thanks all for your offers.
I think, due to time constraints & need to get things tight with Bauch & Lomb order dept., I'll go for you Larry would you be so kind as to PM or e-mail me your address for posting to?

Once again - ALL others - thanks for your offers of help. IF you come up to PoP, be sure to give me a call so I can buy you a Presidente &/or Cube Libre or two!! - Grahame.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Thanks one & all for your kind offers to help this old gent out - GREATLY appreciated.

I delayed in responding & taking up any kind offers until I KNEW that my plan of action was complete - The goods arrived at my house this morning. A friend of mine from Rochester (I hadn't thought of her as possible courier as she only went BACK 3 weeks ago) called me to say she was doing another return trip & would bring them - she arrived yesterday & drove round this morning to deliver them!! MY I enjoyed that hug "hello again"!! Pity Hubby isn't down to play golf though!!

Again, Thanks for all the offers - Greatly appreciated! - Grahame.