Urgente!!!

floradelsol

Apr 26, 2003
HI EVERYBODY

I'm looking for a job (payed or volunteer) in the dominican republic. I'm 27 years old, primary teacher. I've been teaching for 1 year, the did a 7 month practical in a blind school in peru. I've also made a 6 week practical in a psychiatric clinic and acompanied a camp for mentally "handycaped" people. since one year I'm working in a home for elderly people. so I wouldn't mind what kind of job I'd be doing, just make lots of experiences and get to know another culture and people. as I spent a long time in peru, I know what it means to live far from famliy, friends and luxury; and I've seen pobreza as well. my spanish is more or less fluent, so I think it should be posible to find something interesting.
Could you tell me, how to go on? Should I look through the internet (and if so, where)? or is it posible that a dominican friend can find something for me with my spanish curriculum vitae?
should I contact f.e. some schools, bars, volunteer organisations or hotels in advance? or is it better to go ther personally, once arrived in the DR?
thanks for answering
flora.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
OK, OK, I'll say it...

Search the archives.

There is a ton of info, on all your questions, just waiting to be read!