opening a dvd for rent shop

laila

Mar 22, 2003
I am just wondering about opening up a dvd rental shop does any body think is a good idea? are there any at the moment? if so could you tell me the rental price for 24 hours?
Thank you
Laila

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Any?! Around here there's one in every corner! Ok. I exaggerated a bit, but there are two places where they rent DVDs and VHSs just within walking distance from my shack. Same for every neighborhood where people can actually afford a DVD player.

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
On the other hand, we looked in every store in Cabarete, Sosua, and Puerta Plata looking for DVD's to buy for my daughter's birthday. There was what appeared to be a large store in POP, but it was closed. We bought a couple at a small shop in Sosua, but they were copies and didn't work. The store in Sosua has a few to rent, but not anything that we would watch. Really old stuff.

Mainer

laila

Mar 22, 2003
dvds new releases?

Hallo and thank you for your reply; for what I understand you have some shops in Sosua , Cabarete , POP but no places that sale or rent up to date new releases, recent movies and I am talking all original dvds no copies, correct? So if we were to come and open a dvd rental shop with loads of new stuff this would be good?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Re: dvds new releases?

laila said:
no places that sale or rent up to date new releases, recent movies and I am talking all original dvds no copies, correct? So if we were to come and open a dvd rental shop with loads of new stuff this would be good?

You haven't said what part of the country that you are interested in which leads one to suspect you have never been to the country at all or you'd have seen the competition first hand.

And to open the business is synonymous with moving to the DR so have you any experience in assisting you with making this radical change.

In Santo Domingo it is pretty easy to rent or buy new released DVD's and VHS tapes. Since the DR is Region 1 and not the South American DVD region the stuff from USA is freely available and works in the country.

I bring DVD's all the time to people who live there but it is only due to the price not lack of titles.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Who on Earth Pays That?

ERICKXSON said:
DVD for sale 38.00 USD in miami

Typical prices on Amazon.com are around $20 and I would have to think in MIA they are as competitive as anywhere else so $38 is ludicrous.

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Hola Laila!!!!

DR1 has---
Members: 3,674, Threads: 21,773, Posts: 127,644

Do your homework (Search, Search, and Search again!)
Ask your questions.
And Good Luck!

By the way---
Welcome to DR1!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Thanks
Tim H.

Help, and be Helped.
That?s why were here!!!