It's on! CDN reports "fiscal irregularities" and "adminstrative deficiencies"

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
It's on! CDN reports "fiscal irregularities" and "adminstrative deficiencies"

This could be big. The audits are ongoing but preliminary reports indicate significantly irregular fianancial activity and dubious adminstrative oversight in various Dominican state agencies. What a way to start an election season. Stay tuned...

Amber

Jan 24, 2003
and?

Don?t tell me you entertained notions of it being otherwise!
Come on!!
lol

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
Re: What a way to run a Country!

Criss Colon said:
Where is the "NEW" in that news story? Same as always,only moreso!!! Cris

It's fairly unusual to see such press freedom with respect to government affairs. I think it is indicative of Hipolito's weakened position with his party's leadership in the wake of his re-election bid. Time will tell...

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Re: Re: What a way to run a Country!

arturo said:
It's fairly unusual to see such press freedom with respect to government affairs. I think it is indicative of Hipolito's weakened position with his party's leadership in the wake of his re-election bid. Time will tell...

If you were able to read the article in last Thursday's DR1 news, [Dominican press ?semi free?] The International organization Freedom House claims the press in the D.R. practices self-censorship to avoid confrontations with government officials. Now is the opportunity to take a shot at the government about its financial and administrative practices. It only stands to reason this news is coming out now, they know time is short and the President will be out of the country for 12 days starting the 10th of the month, that he does not have occasion to go to the tomb and confer with Balaguer before responding. Regards, PJT