interview waiting time in Dominican

igorivanov

May 7, 2003
Does anyone have an idea how long US Consulate takes before inviting a beneficiary of I129F or I130 for an interview, after petition has been approved?

In other words, my fiancee is in Dominican, and I'm awaiting the approval of my fiancee petition. I have heard that the time that passes between the approval point and the interview varies a lot. Does anyone know anything about it?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am not the expert

But I am betting that it is a looong time. A very long time.

HB

Apr 26, 2002
If you have an approved I129 from INS, then that info is promptly wired to the consulate in Santo Domingo. An information package is then supposed to be sent to your fiance. In reality, though, after a couple of weeks you should call the consulate, make sure that have established a file, and get the file number. Then have your fiance call to set up an appointment to pick up the package. The package will include all of the paperwork that she needs to submit, including an applicaiton for a visa interview. It would take a month or two thereafter to get an interview date.

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
I have heard anywhere from 3 to 6 months after the petition is approved. You as the USC will also receive the same package the your fiancee receives from the U.S. Consulate in the D.R.