tricky men

halo

Mar 5, 2003
After reading many posts regarding love in the Dominican, I would like to ask a question which has been plaguing me. I have been "dating" someone from the DR for many months and things have been taken really slow as to get to know one another. Recently on my visit - I was introduced to mi novio's family, and home. Is this often a ploy used by men looking for something other than love? Personally, I found it convincing of his sincerity for our relationship. Anyone with a thought on this? Of course I plan on keeping my eyes open but I don't like being too suspicious of someone I care about.

Negro Lindo

Dec 26, 2002
only time will tell

I don't think anyone can tell you if this is a game to lure you in by giving you a false sense of sincerity or something. I mean if you hadn't met his family maybe the question would be,,,I recently visited mi novio and I didn't get to meet his family, is it possibly because he has a wife? or because he isn't really that serious about me? You see what I'm saying. Nobody knows what's going on in his head except him. Only time will tell where the two of you will end up. If you have no real warning signs telling you to bail out then just chill and enjoy it........If it's a long distance relationship, just proceed with caution.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Now that you have met his family, it will be interesting to see if he suddenly calls you and asks you to send money because his mother, sister, or what have you needs urgent medical attention.

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Meeting his family does not necessary mean that he does not still have someone in the DR. I tell you why: I know of a situation where a friend of mine (Canadian) girl/lady went to meet her boyfriends father, (mother deceased) meet his brother, and sisters. This dominican guy/man already had a 6 year old daughter that he was looking after. He was really sweet, innocent and caring, and a resort worker. Get this, a year later and a half after this long distance relationship is still going on, she receives phone calls from a girl in the DR who does not speak english, but mentions this guys name. With the little spanish my friend knew, she was able to determine that this must be the same guy she knows. This woman, just had another baby for him and she was three months old, so now he has two daughters. The family will always protect and never tell.

Well my friend has not been in touch with him, but her girlfriend in the DR has phoned him to find out why he did not tell her about what was going on. His response was what was he suppose to do when she was not around. Well, it's the same woman that had his first child and now his second.

Play smart and be smart, how many times do we have to give our stories or know of others, who been there, done that and whatever.