Hippo cancels Europe-U.S. trip and other things...

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Guess what...the much ballyhooed Hippo trip was just cancelled according to the latest gossip in the streets and news. I am not sure this is confirmed yet, but it looks like Hippo did it again.

This man has lost his sense and we are in a situation where the FMI and the World Bank ought to call a team of psychiatrists to treat this bald-no word-lying weasel.

I can almost speculate why he called the trip off. For one, I never believed the story that Bush was going to see him and if he did, it was going to be another beg-for-photo opportunity like the last one, where Hippo dared claim he lasted 10 minutes with Bush.

Bush has no time for this lightweight weasel of our president. He knows how little Hippo is regarded here and wants no part of him. Hippo is the subject of jokes all over Latin America. He has replaced Bucharam as the biggest joke at presidential summits.

Hippo is saved by the fact that we have so many clowns as presidents in Latin America, like Chavez, Lula, Dualde(not to mention potential president Menem, who is lagging in the polls lately) Castro, and the worst of this bunch...Fox, who now cannot even wear his ridiculous cowboy boots due to medical reasons.

Bush is too busy to see a man who spends most of his time visiting friends, playing dominoes and going to Casa de Campo for photo sessions with the rich and famous.

Besides, no one in Europe wants to see Hippo. Hippo even had the nerve to plan visits to the Middle East, while this Iraq thing is going on...what for?

I also believe that the strategy he worked out with Fello Subervi to try to entice Hatueyt De Camps to meet with him before the trip backfired when Hatuey, smartly enough decided not to meet with Hippo and consult the rest of the PRD presidential candidates. This was a master move by Hatuey. Hippo was trying to go to Europe to keep the press chasing him in a wasteful trip while leaving the PRD party in shambles after his meeting with Hatuey.

Have you seen the ridiculous full color state- paid ads in the papers about this trip being covered by Telemicro Channel 5 mentioning how this "statesman"(Hippo) will be on a world tour? What a joke!!! At the same time Hippo is flooding the papers with full page ads from his "limpiasacos" in support of his ree-lection campaign.

Another reason could be that he got the possible bill for the cost of this trip and he also consulted with the banks and his credit cards were not operational. Since Baninter went broke, Hippo's credit card limits are almost zero. No bank wants to honor Hippo's credit cards because of the Baninter curse.

Other things:

As I stated many times, Shakira has a Dominican curse. That, plus her business relationship with ineffective promoter George Nader caused a major fiasco at her recent concert in DR. The losses were astronomical. She spared no expenses to produce a great show, but the house was empty. $10,000 VIP seats were being sold for ....$50 pesos...that's not a misprint!!!! The bleechers and Box seats were empty. Of the possible 10,000 fans who showed up at a facility that handles over 20,000, 5000 got free giveaway tickets to fill in the almost empty stadium. Believe it or not, she had a full house a couple of days before in debt-ridden Argentina.
Nader must be borrowing money to pay for this fiasco. When her original date was cancelled for lack of ticket sales(not the viral cold she claimed), Nader had to pay for the fixed expenses already committed. Then he had to re-promote the concert again, only to have tickets given away. I am so happy the scalpers got "apached". I know one guy who bought several VIP tickets and headed to the park on the original date and is taking depression pills.

Another loser, Milly, headed for the Billboard awards hoping she would luck out with something. She went 0 for 10!!! Only alternative bachata duo Monchy and Alexandra got awards and even beat the group Aventura, whom I thought deserved the award. Milly spent a fortune in her attire, which probably had to be designed with extra strong corsets to cover all that rubber around her waste, plus airline tickets for nothing. I can't wait for her retirement from music. She should follow another tired act...Juan Luis Guerra and just leasve the scene. JLG just turned his unpopular TV station into a christian-religious format. The reason:Nobody watches channel 59 anymore. This channel is as boring as JLG.

TW

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Hahaha Bucharam what a joke....

36 freakin' trips in less than three years, they obviously forgot about how much crap they talked about Leonel and his trips overseas. Someone said something in the Debates section that the hippo is going to win but I disagree with that. We'll just let time pass and see what scam the PPH will come up with next. I heard "thru the grapevine" a few years ago that Leonel was supposed to go on a trip to Europe and Asia and he didn't because all the large business owners in DR had a meeting and said that "Leonel isn't going anywhere". It was summoned by one of the biggest players in the DR's economy.......

Hatuey has power but people don't know. He deals with mobsters and low-lifes of that nature so don't mess with him. I went on a "gira" with his sister's school in 2000 and she has the same character as him. Gotta say, his house in Palmar de Ocoa is beautiful and has a great view of the Bahia de Ocoa, up on the top of a hill, just one of his many properties all over the island.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
If the rumor holds true that Hippo has canceled his trip suggests his paranoia over divisions in the party over his re-election bids. He cannot leave the country and expect the PRD loyals to mark time while he is gone. If this is the case, it implies he has lost his power base and can only maintain his grip over the party only when he is in the driver's seat.

.....or he has been advised Motoconcho Uno is not prestigious enough to arrive to the White House, having been suggested he visit the John Deere showroom for something more appropriate. Regards, PJT

iian

Apr 1, 2003
damn.

and Hipolito was going to come to Finland too.I was already waiting for him with sauna and salmiakki;)

Apr 26, 2002
A Scary Thought

Hippo in a Finnish sauna. Santisimo!

As we speak, I am watching the PRD rank and file fall into place behind the Hippo. I accidentally attended one of their meetings. The message was that it's win with Hippo and get what you can get, or lose power for a decade. The Subervi and Albuquerque supporters are now in line.

Now that the BanPPHinter has fallen, the PPH might have to reach into their own pockets a little to pay off Hatuey. They know, though, that another 4 years of looting the country will make it worth it.

Apr 26, 2002
US Trip On

El Caribe reports that the US portion of the trip is still on. It will be interesting to see whether this includes a photo opportunity with Bush, or whether the trip will instead focus on checking out the Hippo's support in New York compared to Hatuey's.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Wonder what happened to the buses?

Saw a caravan of his today in Santiago??? 28 SUVs all in a row,,,,,,so much for the economy!!!

What a maroon...

HB, with a tip of the hat to Sylvester....or was it Bugs??