KC Royals and the DR

MissouriGuy

May 11, 2003
The Royals are still 1st in the AL central and this article about Tony and his wife Aramis had an interesting part in it.

( http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/n...506&content_id=306756&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp )

In Santiago, people have been asking Amaris about the Royals' surprisingly hot start.

"I tell them 'We believe in Kansas City'," Amaris Pe?a said with a laugh. "When everybody plays together, you have a good possibility. I think Kansas City will go high, high, high. A lot of people in the Dominican are wearing Kansas City Royal caps."

So, my question is.. do you think the Royals are gaining popularity down in the Dominican Republic? the team is starting well and they have numerous players from the Dominican Republic [Angel Berroa, Carlos Febles, Runelvys Hernandez, Miguel Asencio].

I know the team is catching on with fans up here in KC.

One more question.. how common is the name 'Runelvys'? what does it mean?

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Hola MissouriGuy!!!

DR1 has---
Members: 3,728, Threads: 21,899, Posts: 128,547

Do your homework (Search, Search, and Search again!)
Ask your questions.
And Good Luck!

By the way---
Welcome to DR1!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Thanks
Tim H.

Help, and be Helped.
That?s why were here!!!

MissouriGuy

May 11, 2003
muchos gracias..

for the record, I don't think I really speak that much Spanish, I guess being in the second year of High School Spanish is sorta working out. As long as the Spanish talks about dancing or singing.

Yo bailo con muchas chicas (something tells me I got that right)

:D

I am interested in the Dominican Republic and this seems like a good board.

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Have you tried a FORUM SEARCH for BASEBALL yet?

I got 477 Post's listed! ;)

Thanks
Tim H.:cool:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Well kid, it's like this

Tony Pe?a is an idol among a lotta folks here. So, if like Felipe Alou or Sammy sosa, if things are going good there is plenty of popularity.

As for Runelvys ( Run Elvis??) I doubt that there are any more, unless the guy throws a perfect game or makes the Hall of Fame, then there will be thousands.

Just know that Dominicans love unusual names ( Usmail = U S Mail?) Saw a name today in the paper, can't remember exactly but it was like Bryer's -- Yes with the apostrophe!!
Bryer's Gonzalez....

Do sopme searches and you will learn a lot..

HB