Question for the Ladies

GypsyGRL

Apr 26, 2003
Okay Girls!
I did a search and found nothing and this is a legit question!! So guys, take a hike!
I am a Canadian lady with natural curly hair. When I go to the DR I have exceptionally bad hair!! I spend way too much money on straightening products and curling irons. When I come down there, what the hell can I do!!??
Any suggestions?

Amber

Jan 24, 2003
bad news

I have curly hair and I find that if I dont?want to spend too much time and effort, I just have to leave it alone.. no use fighting it. Keep it moisturized, curly and forget about it. Another option is getting braids donw, but watch it!! I jsut had to cut about six inches off my hair cause of keeping braids too long.. :(
better yet, just keep it wet from going to beach!
;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Gypsygirl my hair is naturally curly too. I use aussie brand of shampoo and conditioner, put lots of jel on it and leave it alone.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Well...I don't agree with telling guys to take a hike...

I have long hair and have some good advice for you. It's called Potion 9 by Sebastian. This is an excellent product for people with curly hair. I have been using it for a year now. It keeps my hair moist and doesn't let it get damaged from the sun when I'm down there. I use the product here in NY as well. Just towell dry your hair after washing it thoroughly and apply portions. Make sure you cover the tips.

Here's a pic of my long hair hehehehehe :cool:

http://www.cruzandobanderas.com/images/alexbw2.jpg

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Just go with the flow...let the humidity enhance your curls. I have naturally curly hair also and fight the curl when I'm at home, but when on vacation in the DR it's a losing battle. During the day I pull my hair back into a ponytail or bun and for evenings I wear it down long. For my hair, I use mousse and spray gel to keep my curls going all night.

Good luck!

GypsyGRL

Apr 26, 2003
Wow! Thanks...

Thanks you guys! I'm going to try all these suggestions. Seeing as how I'll be living down there, I'll have plenty of time!

Eh, El Tigre, if my hair looks that good, there is a definite reward coming your way!!! And no offense on the take a hike comment, it's just some of the men on this forum tend to get a little wierd. Thanks for the suggestion;)

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Anytime...

No prob. GypsyGrl.

I didn't know what women go through until I decided to let my hair grow. As a guy I thought it was just let it grow on it's own and that's it. But then I learned about ripped tips, damage from high-lights (sp), and all the other stuff that comes with taking care of your hair. It's so funny when I go to the hair salon around my house. I'm the only guy sitting under a dryer. Some women stare at me and they don't know what to think. They try to look for signs that might lead them to believe I'm gay or something. I guess straight guys with long hair don't go to hair salons around my house. hehehehe :cool: