Aeromar

lindalyn

Feb 15, 2003
I am so upset with this so-called airline.......my close friend took a flight from JFK to STI leaving at 2:00 pm from JFK (dont quote me on the time) and she told me that the take off was delayed ...ok...so what ...she was flying out with her cousin & a newborn so already they were stressed....well low & behold ...they had to make a stop to SANTO DOMINGO!!!!!!!......... she had her family waiting at the airport in STI waiting for the baby etc.....she said that the whole entire ride they were holding hands with fear...she said that the ride was so shaky that it seem like the pilot was zooming because they had to make that (EXTRA STOP) . she accompanied her cousin just to help her now she has to come back ALONE !!!!!! and she is so SCARED. She is terrified and says that she will NEVER fly w/ Aeromar again. I was wondering what was taking her so long to call & say she was ok. I dont mean to, or want to bash Aeromar but I have read on this site before, about there little (escala trips) and Now I see its no joke. Aeromar should find another way of picking up or loading of passengers . Not everyone is on vacation. There are some people who travel for important meetings etc. This is very unprofessional.
Just my 2 cents ....had to vent.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I Recall That You Were Recommended

American Airlines for your own trip so why did you not tell your friend the same?

And in March you told Aviastar one of the star Aeromar shills that your cousin already had bad experience with Aeromar and that was on March 25th.

Intersting they overshoot STI by a few hundred Km's then go back via SDQ. Why not stop in STI and then SDQ I wonder?

This is why I quit flying Air transat or Skyservice from Toronto - this added stop crapola happens all the time, plus randmly chosen departure times.

lindalyn

Feb 15, 2003
I should have warned her.....

But you know some people ..I have heard......... have said good things about Aeromar so I thought it was just peopleI knew that had a bad exprience with Aeromar...but oopps.....Guess I was wrong . I'm glad I am not flying with them, Iwouldn't be able to take that with two kids & a Husband......ugh! And I fear flying already.. making an extra stop & unwilling would tick me off!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

Meng

That is too bad...

I hope you never have to endure such an experience... Could you post the exact day this actually happened?

-meng

lindalyn

Feb 15, 2003
just this past saturday

I believe the flight was to depart at 2? I am not too sure..but I believe she told me that the flight left at 3pm and everyone just going off on the plane and she told me that she felt a rush every once in a while ... that she did not feel SAFE. I feel for her since she had such a bad experience & now she is flying back this Sunday alone .:confused:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Re: just this past saturday

now she is flying back this Sunday alone .:confused: [/B]

Well if she is truly afraid and wants to fly from STI buy a one way ticket on AA for her and she can fly with them.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
She felt a rush....

Lindalyn,

I know you probably don't have all details about your friend's experience. I am a person that is terrified to fly. I just want to say that I have had the same flights on American. I remember one time going from JFK - POP. The whole freakin' flight was bumpy. There were instances where I didn't feel safe myself. I share your friend's pain. I've been there before.

Can you ask her if the aircraft shook violently or lightly? I am curious to know what kind of turbulance they encountered.

Thanks.

M

Meng

you dont understand..

I dont want the time that it happened.... I would like to know the exact date when this happened... what is recently, or was it a long time ago?

-meng

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
It says in her thread that it was this past saturday, which was May 10th, 2003.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Linda.

So now you know the truth about Aeromar, unfortunately it is bad, so since you will not fly on it, LET'S FORGET ABOUT THEM! Nothing will change their service, IT WAS, IT IS and it will be GUAGUA Airways!

lindalyn

Feb 15, 2003
Yeah I see that now!

I still cant believe that they take you to SDQ without your knowledge ( highjacked) huh?

I hope they dont pull that stunt when she's coming backand if they do I HOPE they let her call us here in NY ... I wouldn't want to HANG around JFK all day! :confused:

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Linda?

I now its frustating, is the schedule but can you give here experience IN-FLIGHT-SERVICE, Santiago ground handling is the best they full the aircraft on time.

She will return Sunday 18 May 2003 these flights is flying as scheduled i hope they will change their mind after these flight.

Aeromar is flying these flights to cut costs this is decided intern Aeromar management, as good is was these the last flight flying via STI/SDQ.

Lyndalyin about choosing airline? the most people goes for lowest fare and othe people for service.

Aeromar Summer Fares

+/- US$ 550 (New York - Santo Domingo - New York) and Santiago

American Airlines Summer fares

+/- US$ 650 (New York - Santo Domingo - New York) and Santiago

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
No we don't. if it get's out of hand then they will both be deleted permanently from DR1, even their other handles...

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Lindalyn...

make sure you let us know how it goes for your friend on her way back.

thanks

lindalyn

Feb 15, 2003
i will

I spoke with her yesterday and she said that she felt as if the plane was going faster then the normal velocity I guess due to them making that extra stop. I'll post about her return trip........ tata for now guys !

El Tigerito

May 4, 2003
If airline operates flights to SDQ with stops in STI, this is not a shame, this is the cause to hang them. How dare they to sell direct flights and then, knowing that they will make it with additional stop, they say: It is just to reduce costs. In this case they must give tickets for free. These so called "managers" are stupider than stupid. Aeromar is a FREAKING AIRLINE! I know like 5 families who used it this year, you know what they say: NEVER AGAIN, never because it is FLYING CARRO PUBLICO.

Chaotic check-in procedures, lost luggage, poor inflight service, delays and additional stopovers...... And you still dare to promote it here, wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!