Validation of Marriges

michel

May 13, 2003
I hope someone can help us :)

We were married nearly 8 years ago in the Dominican Republic. I am British my husband is a French national. My husband needs to renew his French passport but the French authorities in London and Dominican Republic say that he needs an -acta de matrimonio in extensa - , the company through whom we were married say that they can /and are only supplied with an extracta of the certificate.

I see on this site (under getting married) about validating a marriage, would this be what the French are after and how can I go about getting it - we are in the UK?

Thanks in advance

hansbert

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 1, 2002
linguisticservices.aio-world.net
Validating a marriage

You should verify the information given by the company in charge of your wedding directly with the governmental office where your
marriage is registered. (Oficial?a de Estado Civil) Give them a call!
If -contrary to information given to you by the company- they issue an acta de matrimonio in extenso get somebody who handles this issue for you and have the document sent to you.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
You can easily obtain an "acta de matrimonio in extenso" from the ?Oficial de Estado Civil? who officiated the marriage. Depending on what the parties want or need, the ?Oficial? issues an ?extracto? or the whole text (?in extenso?).

Calling the ?Oficial? is not going to work. You should fax a friend a copy of your ?extracto? and have him/her go to the Oficialia and obtain the ?acta in extenso? for a small government fee.

michel

May 13, 2003
Thankyou for your advice Fabio.

We know nobody in the Dominican Republic who could do this for us, and the company who married us are being unhelpful as it was so long ago, would this be something you could do in your capacity as a lawyer?

Chanel

Apr 29, 2004
Applying for Marriage Certificate

Can someone please give me the phone number and complete address for the Oficial de Estado Civil there in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. I will be getting married the June 04,2004. And I was told that I can submit a copy of my documents in advance.

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
Chanel, as Dr. Fabio Guzman pointed out, calling the Civil State Official is not going to work. You should hire a lawyer to do this, it will save you time and patience.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Anybody with a fax and a vehicle can do this

All you need to know is when and where the wedding took place.

A few hundred pesos will get you the complete act. A few hundred more will have it "Oficializado" ( some nice looking stamps and impressive signatures) in the General Civil Registry in Santo Domingo.

this should not be a big deal, unless you were married in some unknown corner of the Dominican Republic.

HB