USA Visa Info for Dominicans

CaribbeanGeorge

"Creature of Leisure"
Jan 3, 2002
www.fuentesdellago.com
can someone please provide the internet address for the USA Embassy to inquire about the requirements for a Dominican to get a residency in the states.
He is married to an american citizen.
Thanks.

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
It's a long road to go down but...

The USC would have to file a petition of relative I-130 and once that is approved by BCIS then a K-3 (spousal visa). The entire process can take anywhere from 6-9 months before an actual interview takes place that the U.S. Consul. If you look on the BCIS homepage which is immigration.gov and go to the 'How do I?' section look for bring a spouse over it will explain the process.

The process begins first in the U.S. then the case is transfer to the Consulate in the DR. So they will probably tell you (that is if they even reply in a timely manner) to start with the above petitons.

Good Luck.

Jerry

Jan 1, 2002
www.livinginsantiago.com
kjdrga is mostly correct. You submit the I-130 and as soon as you get the first NOA (receipt of your package), you mail that with the 129 to chicago for the K-3. Just went through the process. Most people in my timeframe was 6 months. I was 11 because I had to deal with the consulate in the DR. While other couples were able to complete the process with in 6-8 weeks after the approval of the package, it took me 4 months just to get the paperwork from the consulate to my wife. They use every trick in the book to delay the processing of visas at this consulate

Jerry

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Delays with good reason

Especially since perhaps as many as 60% of the marriages are fraudulent business deals.

Sometimes they wait for three years just to see..

HB