Solido

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Well, the fat lady sang yesterday.

I guess everyone knew that sooner or later Baninter was going to blow and boy it did blow. Now we are in for a spectacle of power, corruption and lies. First off, I just cant believe that for 10+ years, the government didnt know how that bank operated. They have inspectors from the Superintendencia de Bancos in all banks and financieras. So, dont you think they would have smelled something cooking in those books. I bet they just didnt want to see because as the news pointed out, they had politicians, news reporters, generals, cleregy and even artists on theyr payroll. Everyone has had theyr hands in the cookie jar at one point or another.

So, why break the cookie jar now?
We are going through our worst economic period since 1984. The government definately wants to re-elect itself and are going to put all the blame on Mr. Baez and his bank. Yes, yes, I know and you know our economic woes are not solely Baninter's fault, but thats the story they'll sell and thats the story most people will buy. Mr. Baez is now the official scapegoat of Mr. Mejia & Friends./
I was almost forgetting my dearest Leonel who is also on Baninter's payroll. How convenient for Hippo, don't you think? Now his principal political adversary is somewhat involved in this scandal.Talk about perfect timming. Coinkidink, I think not. Also take note that Mr. Baez has hired Vincho and Pina Acevedo as his attornies, both close political colaborators of Leonel. This would seem to politicize the judicial process: the government vs. the bank and PLD.

Still, a Pandora's box has just been opened and what will come out of it only God knows. Shinnyhead better be careful because things can still blow up in his face, specially having with the guy who started all this still hanging around, the soon to be general, the one and only Mr. Pepe Goico.

G

GabyCruz

Got a question to any compatriot that want to give imput

how can i guet to publish very impotant and challenging article related to the politiccs in DR?

G

GabyCruz

Can any one tell me?

Can any one tell me what is so Cristian' about the "Partido Reformista Social 'Cristiano?. and, have anyone seen any Reform has been done since it Foundation? . lol. Y en espanol. Puede alguien informarme donde se encuentra lo "Cristiano " en el PRSC? y Ha visto alguno una gran Reforma" en nuestro pais desde su fundacion?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Protest against corruption on Monday

Having criticised Dominican 'apathy' in their reaction to the Baninter scandal (where did that thread get to?!) I feel obliged to share with you this message I received today, about a planned protest against corruption on Monday at the Cinemateca Nacional, Plaza de la Cultura, Santo Domingo. I can't help feeling that it will not be massively attended, and will not have much impact. If I am proved wrong I will be the first to celebrate.

ACTO PUBLICO:
POR EL RESCATE DE LA DECENCIA Y LA DIGNIDAD DEL PAIS

Preocupados por los hechos de corrupci?n que han conmovido al pa?s en los ?ltimos d?as y que producen repercusiones en la vida de todos los ciudadanos y ciudadanas, creemos conveniente impulsar desde la ciudadan?a y nuestras organizaciones una acciones de rechazo y presentaci?n de propuestas que coloquen a la ciudadan?a en actitud de recuperar los valores ?ticos y morales que el pueblo dominicano ha enarbolado y asumido desde su fundaci?n.

Sabemos que el problema de la Corrupci?n no es un caso de manera particular, por lo que la sociedad dominicana necesita reaccionar con firmeza para sancionar moral, social y judicialmente a los corruptos y a los promotores de la corrupci?n.

SI TE DUELE EL PA?S Y RECHAZAS LA CORRUPCI?N ACOMP??ANOS.

DIA : LUNES 2 DE JUNIO
HORA : 5:30 PM
LUGAR : CINEMATECA NACIONAL, PLAZA DE LA CULTURA, DETRAS DEL MUSEO DE HISTORIA Y GEOGRAFIA

Es tiempo de actuar...actuemos.

INVITAN
PARTICIPACION CIUDADANA
FORO CIUDADANO
CENTRO PADRE JUAN MONTALVO
ACCION COMUNITARIA PARA EL PROGRESO, ACOPRO
CENTRO DE PLANIFICACI?N Y ACCION ECUM?NICA , CEPAE

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
to gabycruz

1-agrarian reform
2-Financial reform in the central bank
3-national parks and natural resources reform in the 1970?s
4-reform of the laws regulating industrial parks (ie.zona de herrera, las americas y haina) among others I cant remember now,
and most of the international agreements and economic accords that Leonel enforced where done by Balaguer....but who cares. I dont!
....why should we remember who did what and who did this....i mean, if we are going to keep the prd comming back again why should we remember what the old man did or what leon did, the PRD will just piz it away anyhow. And Leonel (or whomever)will have a tough four years trying to undo this mess we are in now. Dont think it`ll be like his first period when everything was dandy.
In regards to the Cristiano in the PRSC, well.....i dunno, why do you ask? would it make any difference to you if they were muslims or jews. I guess what I am trying to say is I have lived during the three parties and purple and red is fine with me, white......what is so white about the PRD?more like brown to me.