Cigar Tours

ringeaux

May 14, 2003
my girlfriend and i will be staying in puerta plata the middle of june. was wondering if anyone had info on cigar tours? i read a few reports from last year, but was looking for current info. how to get there, etc...

also, i read info at US Customs homepage, but it is a little unclear about bringning back cigars. does anyone have an answer for this? how many per person?

thanks!!

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Hola ringeaux!!!!

Check out Hillbilly, in the search forums.
I am sure he will show up shortly.

DR1 has---
Members: 3,758, Threads: 21,960, Posts: 128,924

Do your homework (Search, Search, and Search again!)
Ask your questions.
And Good Luck!

By the way---
Welcome to DR1!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Thanks
Tim H.

Help, and be Helped.
That?s why were here!!!

ringeaux

May 14, 2003
i did read some of HB's reports, but some were more than a year old.

HB, if you have a minute, explain my options from puerta plata--is there a bus ride or should i rent a car and drive on my own? also, does a tour need to be set up in advance. Leon Jimenez and A. Fuente would be my choices, but not sure how far away and how to get there. may be interested in the cigar museum as well.

looking forward to enjoying some fine smokes on the island.

thanks in advance.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Cigars

Leon Jimenez/ Aurora (same tabacalera)has tours, you need to check days and times first. Fuente to my knowledge does not and you will not be able to buy them at less than retail in DR either. There are however many boutique tabacaleras in the Navarrete/Tamboril/Santiago area where you can find great smokes for about a buck each even less. These smokes although equal in quality to many labeled smokes in the US carry the label of the particular manufacturer. If you like smoke and are not concerned about labels you will love this experience.

Last edited: