Help, how to get to Samana from Puerta Plata

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Hi everyone 4 more days here I come yeah!

Can anyone help me out. I'm heading to Puerta Plata this Sunday, I wanted to go to Samana what the best way and cost? By taxi or bus??
Also any other places I should see???

Thanks in advanced!!!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You have several options. Rental car, chartered flight, taxi or bus. Depends on your financial resources, among other things.

The cheapest way to get there in comfort is to take the Caribe Tour bus from Puerto Plata or Sosua. It leaves Caribe Tours' Puerto Plata terminal at 7am, leaves Sosua at 7:30 am, and arrives in Samana about 11:45 am.

In Samana, you can take public transportation to get to Las Galeras, the beautiful beach area at east end of Samana Peninsula. You should also visit Las Terrenas on the Atlantic side of the peninsula. I believe you can now get there from Samana by public transportation, also.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Ken,

Muchos Gracias, for your help!!! I look forward to visiting Samana I hear it is beautiful!
Do you know what a cab ride would cost? curious?
I am on a budget the Caribe tour bus would probably be a good idea for me.

Thanks again!!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Music, I don't know what taxi is from Puerto Plata to Samana, but I would estimate about RD$1,500. Caribe Tour will be around RD$100. I say "arround" because there have been fare hikes recently and I haven't bought a ticket since then.