Dominican Air Carrier Certificate, what is it?

cashsheet

Apr 10, 2003
Can someone please tell me what it means for an airline to be granted the Dominican Flag Carrier certificate and how it would benefit an airline that recieves it?

Thanks. I think Viva Airlines is approved or about to be approved for the Dominican Flag Carrier certificate, but I dont know what that means for the airline.

Thanks for any help.

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
?

Well i think it is an Dominican Air Carrier thats means it have an HUB in the Dom Repand is an Dominican Airline.

Flag carrier must be an national airline as Compa?ia Dominicana de Aviacion (CDA) but they cannot give as flag carrier to Viva Air because CDA is still dominican falg carrier and if it will be changed then is Aeromar the first. I think its just a fould posted by news its an Dominican Air Carrier just simple

cashsheet

Apr 10, 2003
It is my understanding that Viva/Queen Air has been approved for Flag Carrier status.

Are you saying that there will be only 1 flag carrier and you think Aeromar should bet the lone flag carrier?

Also what benefits does flag carrier status bring an airline?

Thanks

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Dominican Flag Carrier in this case means that airline is registered in Dominican Republic, under dominican law, etc. Probably it was translated wrong, because VIVA/Queen Air never was named as national carrier. CUBANA is national carrier, it represents cuban regime, the state. Cuban communist system supposes that Cubana is the property of cuban workers, so it is national. The time when national airlines dominated the air has gone. British Airways, Iberia, Swisair, Aeroflot, Sabena and Lufthansa used to be state controlled airlines but everything changed. In case if Dominicana de Aviacion will fly again it must have private interest, otherwise it will only genrate problems, like CDE and other state companies.

cara

Feb 21, 2003
All dominican carrier are flag carrier, Aeromar is not number 1, that an stupid idea from the polancos, they try to get that, but real is thy are wrong.