Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Digital One-Time-Use Cameras

I would like to know if they are selling and have processing (prints and CD) for Digital One-Time-Use Cameras on the island. My experience has always been with 35mm and have had no problems with island services. However, I have need for a digital format when I return to the D.R. and have no way now to check out my usual island photo services at present. Regards, PJT

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi PJT

There used to be a service at Plaza Bavaro, they had the type of digital camaras and they were producing photo quality prints from them. I will check today if they are still there and get back to you.

Mido

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

We didn't have them developed while we were there, but were able to purchase 1-time-use cameras (Kodak MAX outdoor) at a camera shop. The had flash also.
    mk
    Last edited by mkohn; 05-20-2003 at 03:04 PM.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Digital One Time usage?

I've never heard or seen such a thing. I'm going to go looking now.

The finest photo processing spot I've located is on Lope de Vega next to Taco Bell, next to Winston Churchill. Fotosistema.

$235 for 36 exp. processed, 4x6 prints.

The service is excellent, quality of processing is far better than anything else I've used.

They do CD's as well, 1 hour turnaround - and I think that goes for reprints (enlargements, whatever) as well.

I'd highly discourage anyone using the cheezy 1-hour shops you find in strip malls and the like. I'm not sure if they are using recycled chemicals or fat-fingering the dials, but they produce garbage nearly every time.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Kodak in the U.S. has a digital one-time-use camera, 27 exposure, I have seen advertised for about US $11. I would like to know if same type sold and processed on the island. Regards, PJT

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by mido
    Hi PJT

There used to be a service at Plaza Bavaro, they had the type of digital camaras and they were producing photo quality prints from them. I will check today if they are still there and get back to you.

Mido
    Mido thanks, don't go of out of your way for me, unless you have other business in the area. There is a photo service at Plaza Bavaro, have had ID photos done there. Just do not know if they have caught on with the newer gadgets. Regards, PJT

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Digital One-Time-Use Cameras

Originally posted by PJT
    Digital One-Time-Use Cameras on the island. My experience has always been with 35mm and have had no problems with island services. However, I have need for a digital format when I return to the D.R.
    The name of this camera is a little misleading. The camera is really a 35mm film camera, same as other disposable cameras. But the purchase price includes a photo CD in addition to standard prints.

The images on the CD are digital, but are derived from the 35mm film. You could get similar results by scanning your prints.

Why not buy a digital camera? I used mine extensively during my last 2 visits to the DR. It was sorta neat to take a photo at the beach, then stroll into an internet cafe and email the fresh image to the folks back home.

Swede
    Last edited by m65swede; 05-21-2003 at 04:16 AM.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Old product in a new package

McSwede thanks for the enlightenment. It is just like big business to put an old product in a new package and make you think you're getting a swell deal when you make a purchase. I would like to buy a digital in the future, but it is not in the budget now. That's why I thought the One-Time-Use one would be a cheap alternative. Regards, PJT

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Digital Camera

You get get them for less than 200 bucks. I bought a Kodak which give decent photos for $239.00 or something like that. Decent photos. I'm sure that there are other such companies, but I've been using them. Great service, fast and usually have it in stock.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati..._tlc.asp?id=07

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like