Punta Cana (may 26-june 2)

Danielle

May 20, 2003
Hi all,

I'm taking my first trip to DR in 6 days.

I have a few questions for the board.

-What is the protocol for tipping the housekeeping staff at the all inclusive resorts? I'll be stayin in the RIU NAIBOA. Do I just leave the cash/gift on a table for the help?

-I'm on a TIGHT budget but I'd like to see areas outside of punta cana. What can u suggest? Please dont tell me about the usual day trips I can find thru a search engine or on debbiesdominican page.

-How feasible is bike rental in Punta Cana? I'd like to explore the area on my own. Is this advisable?

- I've heard that D.R. is not American-friendly. Is this true? How accommodating are the locals to those who don't speak spanish?
Is an attempt appreciated or balked at?

I have SOOO many more questions but I figure these are the most pressing for right now.

Also, If anyone has stayed at RIU Naiboa, please let me know your thoughts on the rooms/food/service.

THANKS SO MUCH

Danielle

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Danielle...

Whoever told you that Dominicans are not friendly...to anybody...hasn't been to DR!!!

These are the most friendly people in the world, if anything, you are going to have trouble keeping them away from you and from trying to help you!!!

The Riu Complex is beautiful...all of the hotels...so you'll have no problem at all!!

Just be careful not to fall in love with the guys from the Animaci?n Team...

Don't say nobody ever warned you!!!

Have fun!!!