Pls. tell me this is a joke!

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
I am kind of busy right now and haven't had the time to keep up with this comedy that His Stupidness had turned our country into, but I just read this article in El Caribe.

In short it says that "Hipolito plans to build another National Palace in Gurabo along with other government facilities. He will fund them with foreign loans." The justification that he gave for this was "that most of his relatives got married in Gurabo".

I have no words :speechles

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Come on PIB, you know full well this is not going to be a National Palace - it is "Hippos" RETIREMENT home!! If it costs RD $50 mill to get him & the PRD out of office, I'll start the contributions off with a RD $5K! any other offers??

I am surprised to hear that members of his family get married. Being such a B^*#**& himself, I thought maybe it was a family trait not to get married when having children!!! - BB

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Well well well....

If that's so, a tirar piedra se ha dicho!!!!!!!! If he actually goes foward with this, the amount of assasination attempts coming to his front steps won't even be funny.............

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The publicity given the palaces of Saddam Hussein has obviously affected his thinking. "If he can have palaces throughout his country, I can, too."

Last edited:

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Retirement home!!!!!!

BushBaby said:
"you know full well this is not going to be a National Palace - it is "Hippos" RETIREMENT home!!"

If this is true, it is outrageous. How can he borrow when there is no way to secure these loans. The government should be spending for the people, like repairs and parts for the OMSA busses, so the working class can have inexpensive tranport to get to jobs and services they need just to maintain their homes.

These politicians are indifferent, so far removed, and insulated from the people they can't smell the stink from their own shi*** to know what they are doing is foul. Regards, PJT

bladeNYC

May 14, 2003
www.dr1.com
pero Bueno y esto que es??

Yo pensaba que el presidente de la republica era mas inteligente, besides his vocabulary. How the hell can he try to implement so of Stupidity... No words (literally).:speechles :mad:

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
It truly is a shame that this is happening.....borrowing money to build a palace? how about borrowing money to get the SLUMS of DR cleaned up, build some nice little shacks for these poor people instead of allowing thw squallor they live in???

I cannot beleive that this man will be ALLOWED to do this....

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Lalla, I agree with you........

but let me tell you how some of these poor people do. Don't think it's meant to disrespect anyone. I lived in the old Villa Olimpica in SD since I was a little kid and would go there for summer vacation when I was in Miami so I know what the deal is. These folks live by rivers, poor neighborhoods, under the Duarte Bridge, all over the place. The government gives them houses in Villa Mella, Invivienda, anything better than where they currently "reside"......they move out, stay in their new homes for a few months and SELL the houses that they got free from the gov't, move right back under the bridge and repeat the process......

They've been doing that for 30 years all over the island, it's a shame, I can't stand this gov't but that's a fact.....

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
Re: Lalla, I agree with you........

Jon S. said:
they move out, stay in their new homes for a few months and SELL the houses that they got free from the gov't, move right back under the bridge and repeat the process......

They've been doing that for 30 years all over the island, it's a shame, I can't stand this gov't but that's a fact.....

are u kidding me? I went to DR for the first time with my mother back in 98 after 18 yrs of not going, and when we were crossing these little bridges, i kept seeig these SHACKS and a whole little community down there, i couldnt beleive it!!!!

but you know what, truth be told, i think the gov't still doesnt care enough, i am sure they are aware that this is happening, why not find a solution to put a stop to it? keep records, if u have had a home provided to you, WHAT happened to it? why are you back here looking for another??? tell them to beat it give it to the next truly needy

i think the gov't gives every so often so that to "show" that they are doign something for the poor, they really aren't, u know the saying about give someone a fish they will eat for a day, show them HOW to and they will eat forever? (something like that) well that what needs to be implemented in DR....how is it that a country with so many natural resources can have such poverty levels? i might be NIAVE about it because i do not live there...but dammit it is frustrating to hear that gov't officials are looking to build these grand palaces and have fancy cars when in their back yards there are naked hungry little thieves running around....

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Yeah I understand how you feel but I lived there for almost 6 years so I got to see how things work over there. It's freaking horrible to see people living the way they do over there. The gov't doesn't give a shit but at least when I was there Leonel was setting up an infrastructure cuz let's face it, everywhere in the world the people in power are always doing corrupt things but at least that man was doing something for the future. I don't care if a few "comesolos" get in power as long as they do things for the future of the nation........

The country is also poor because the gov't doesn't want to teach the people "how to fish" because the gov't knows what will happen and ultimately good things will happen. Another thing and this was mentioned by CrissCo was that people need to take responsibility for their own actions. That should be the #1 priority over there, if they don't do it, they'll keep promoting a system that keeps people down and turns them into beggars, which is why there are so many botellas over there (botellas are positions in the gov't in which people get paid for doing nothing). You'd better believe that for the next elections, people are getting their "lambon" speeches together for the President or other gov't officials to hear so they could get their botellas too.

About the people keeping records, I doubt that they actually keep the paperwork. Now, the gov't, that's another story. I bet that they keep tons of paperwork in the Huacal and surrounding gov't buildings. And Centro Nacional de Estadisticas probably has "some info" about those people, they happen to know where all the poor people are at and they know who has Aids and things of that nature.......

well enough of me, I'll keep blabbering later on

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Typical behaviour

"Hipolito plans to build another National Palace in Gurabo along with other government facilities. He will fund them with foreign loans."

Does this really surprise you all? Tell me this does not surprise you. Do you expect better from this man and his government?

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
Jon....

it's so true, it all in the end boils down to what CC says, ACCOUNTABILITY and parents teaching their kids not to be LADRONES or beggers, but to find a decent way to earn a living, as hard as it may be, there are ways........

Long as the gov't is corrupt, this will give the people a ticket to be criminals...why? becuase they will chalk it all up to "el gobierno no sirve, nos estamos muriendo, mejor salir a robar que morirnos del hambre", there will always be an excuse so long as the gov't keep being the way it is.........

sad