I beat Listin Diario by 6 days!!!

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
I am not a journalist, but my posts seem to have a nack for beating the newspaper editors and commentartors to the punch.

On May 16 under the thread "The Baninter Fraud Is Now Official, Central Bank Report" post # 1227 I wrote an entire piece on Luis Alvarez Renta, the biggest culprit in the BaninterGate.

If you read today's article on DR's #1 newspaper Listin Diario named "Alvarez Renta, un hueso duro de roer" on page 8 by Ana Mitila Lora, it has much of the same information I gave about "El Hombre Del Maletin" or "Bag Man" in congress.

The Listin went on to mention the divorce battle Alvarez Renta is going thru with his wife, but did not mention her name, except to say she was a former beauty queen.

Well, if you read a post I wrote several months ago about art and art galleries in DR, you will note that I mentioned an art gallery called "Carmen Rita" located in the Torre Empresarial at Sarasota Avenue in Bella Vista, first floor. I stated that this is the best art gallery in the DR.

Well the owner of the gallery is Carmen Rita de Alvarez, who is Alvarez Renta's wife in this billion peso divorce case. Renta owns the building where the gallery is, and the gallery is also owned by him. After the Baninter fiasco broke out the gallery has gone into limbo and sales have plummeted. Few people visit the gallery. This gallery was a gathering place for the super-rich and society's who's who. But now everyone is shying away from being seen with people involved even remotely with BaninterGate.

Alvarez Renta is hiding and figuring out if and when he's going to turn himself in. This man is so slick, he is already planning his next big move to slide away from the scandal. He has a lot of stuff on a lot of people. We'll see.

TW

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Golo100 said:
I beat Listin Diario by 6 days!!!

Yeah! But I heard they were now government owned, so how hard is this :)

This is a joke - please, this is a joke! Golo, your posts are informative and excellent - Please continue!

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
Alvarez Renta turn himself today after his secretary was detained this morning. How fast did he show up!!! Let's wait for the papers tomorrow!!!