Banking

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Jazz is right, only keep a MINIMUM in RD $ at the moment - even in your wallet!! Change only what you need for a day or two & let devaluation work for you!! Tell you ALL about it next week when we meet & if you WANT to set up a bank account, I'll introduce to a couple that are fairly safe (well, safer than the rest!!).

If you haven't already done so, check your e-mail & send answer re flight details - Dominican Babe might be on your flight too!! We should be organising a get together in PoP for later in your holiday - STAY TUNED!! You coming down soon Jazz???? Any other DR1'ers in the vicinity over the next 3 weeks & want to meet up?? PM me if you do & I'll try to organise something!! - Grahame.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Actually I'll offer an alternative opinion - I think you're better off with your local money in a bank account in pesos, because there's no risk anything will happen to it. It would have been difficult for me to withdraw my USD from there. But I would not keep much money there, thats for sure.

I think you're better off with USD in a US bank, not a local bank. Also its good to charge things to a local credit card, you end up getting a nice discount as everything gets cheaper by the time comes to pay it off. :)

Adrian

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Sorry to disagree Adrian - went to our bank last week & drew out US $9,000 NO PROBLEM!! In and out of the bank in 20 minutes!!! It DEPENDS on the bank of course & it helps to be known in the bank as a long term customer, BUT, .... having up to US $1,000 in the bank shouldn't cause any hassle at getting what you need out at any time. More than US $2,000 I wouldn't put with a bank anyway, too low a return - hence the drawing out of the US $9,000 which had just been transfered across from England!! - Grahame.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Grahame,

I will probably be down in July after I move my dad. Closing on his condo on June 13th. Possibly the end of June but not sure. I hope to buy another piece of property and close on that June 2nd. Want to do some work on the property and will be down for a month to a month and a half.

Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well with the closing. Hate doing this crap long distance. After I close albeit long distance I will be seeking help on renovations from everyone.

Regards,
Escott