Dental Implants?? North Coast??

T

TiberiusMineola

I'm an American permanent DR resident living in Puerto Plata; accoring to a recent dental exam by my reliable American dentist, I'm in the process of losing 2, 3 [?] molars; the best & most permanent solution is dental implants, etc. - a subject I know little, very little, about. I've heard many Americans & Canadians who've had extensive dental work done in the DR praise the quality & costs of the local dental work. Has anybody, preferably on the North Coast, or, perhaps, the Santiago area, had personal experiences with DR dental implants? Positive? Negative? Names of recommended dentists? Dentists to be avoided? Suggestions? Necessary to go to the Capital for 1st class service? I'm interested primarliy in those who've experienced this process personally. Thank you.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Check with Hillbilly. I don't know if he has personally had implants but he lives in Santiago and is involved in training dentists at the university there.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hey there Tiberius,
NOT had that done myself but root canals, posts & crowns have been performed VERY successfully on "She who must be Obeyed" by Freddy Lepe in Duarte (one block up from Amber Museum going away from Parque Central). She swears BY him, not at him!!! American trained & educated plus speaks Americanised English!! Apart from that, he is a pretty nice guy!! - Grahame.

T

TiberiusMineola

Hillbilly! Where are you?

Hillbilly, please contact me re: this post. I'd like to pick your brain. doncarlosdd@hotmail.com. Thank you. If you leave me your phone # via e-mail, I'll call you. I assume that you're in Santiago. Or, I can visit you in Santiago if it's more convenient. Thank you. I hope to hear from you.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Freddy Lepe is our dentist - have no hesitation to recommend him highly and will not hesitate to have extensive work done by him if required. He knows his job and will tell you if he is not familiar with a procedure. And will also recommend someone who is familiar with the procedure. He is a good place to start. Hillbilly is an excellent starting point as well! but I doubt if he will do any dental work for you - and if he offers, don't accept ;)