New Beach in Sosua

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
There seems to be a new beach forming in Sosua. If you are at the waterfront, look straight down. There is a beach there where the water used to hit the rocks. Access is a little tricky. It looks as though you need to swim or jump to get there!

Mainer

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
New Beach

Great isn't it? We've watched it grow from a few grains of sand to a quite extensive sandy corner nestled under the rocks, and it seems to be getting bigger. But it has been growing like that for over 8 weeks. It even made the local TV and the camera man actually climbed down!
Pity that the shoe shine boys have already found access and that the garbage gang have visited it and left their rubbish behind!
It's an interesting coast and we are amazed at how much the whole area from Sabaneta to Sosua changes from week to week.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Dominicans love throwing garbage anywhere

I am sure that the garbage left on the beach is left there by Dominicans and not tourists. I noticed Dominicans like to throw their garbage in the streets or wherever even if there is a garbage can near. I think much like honesty,punctuality and work ethic, sanitation is not a concept that Dominicans can seem to grasp. As a deterrent to littering, all violators should be thrown in a jail cell for no less than 30 days with a big smelly, gold toothed, queer hatian as penalty. This would effectively correct the garbage problem.
Larry

susana

Mar 26, 2003
Still there, huh?

I know when I was around there at Easter, it was the talk of Sosua. Is it still growing? Or is it about the same. I know a friend showed me picture of a similar "beach" in California. A storm blew it in and then one night a storm took it away. I happened to be there during a full moon and attributed it to some extreme tide thing, guess I was wrong.\

s :eek:

Josue Collado

Jul 31, 2003
home.attbi.com
Re: New Beach

Peter & Alex said:
Great isn't it? We've watched it grow from a few grains of sand to a quite extensive sandy corner nestled under the rocks, and it seems to be getting bigger. But it has been growing like that for over 8 weeks. It even made the local TV and the camera man actually climbed down!
Pity that the shoe shine boys have already found access and that the garbage gang have visited it and left their rubbish behind!
It's an interesting coast and we are amazed at how much the whole area from Sabaneta to Sosua changes from week to week.
Under dominican laws the shoe shine boys have the right to use the beach - I don't condone leaving trash behind- I'm affraid that some day I go back to live in my own contry-DR- and all beaches are privatelly owned by some foreigners that think they have the right to own the water and the sand.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Re: Re: New Beach

Josue Collado said:
I'm affraid that some day I go back to live in my own contry-DR- and all beaches are privatelly owned by some foreigners that think they have the right to own the water and the sand.

Could be. And if that happens it'll be because His baldness sold it to them to pay for the zinc and cement bribes needed to get him elected. Long live capitalism Dominican style.

Josue Collado

Jul 31, 2003
home.attbi.com
new beach

I like the title "Your Baldness". What most dominican need is EDUCATION, EDUCATION AND EDUCATION to keep their environment protected and clean. The more foreigners from Europe and USA living in DR the better because this will increase presure on this corrupt governments.