Pan Am Hub Aguadilla Puerto Rico

mark porter

Jun 14, 2002
Pan American Airways (PN)
09MAY03 Pan Am will launch a service from Orlando Sanford to Aguadilla, Dominican Republic, on 23MAY03. Flights will be on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays using 149-seat Boeing 727s. The airline has its five-year strategy for Aguadilla which calls for Pan Am to provide service from 21 airports:

12 Latin American and Caribbean (La Romana, Puerto Plata, Punta Cana, and Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic; Port-au-Prince, Ha?ti; San Jose, Costa Rica; Cancun, Mexico; Caracas, Venezuela; Santiago, Chile, and St. Croix, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands)
six US (Stanford and Hartford, Conn.; Des Moines, Iowa; St. Petersburg, Fla.; Philadelphia, and Baltimore)
three Canadian (Toronto; Halifax, Nova Scotia, and Hamilton, Ontario) Mark

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
mark porter said:
Pan American Airways (PN)
09MAY03 Pan Am will launch a service from Orlando Sanford to Aguadilla, Dominican Republic, on 23MAY03.

REALLY?? Didn't know that Aguadilla was located in the Dominican Republic..Geography 101...

Apr 26, 2002
Mark Porter, you know better

than to post about Pan Am without the standard disclaimer. For any newbies out there, this is NOT the Pan Am of legend, but rather an imposter using the name "Pan Am" by authority of a bankruptcy court. And Mark ONLY posts Pan Am promotional pieces, and nothing else, to this site. A search on this site for his name will confirm that. A search for "Pan Am" will also reveal complaints about the airline when they last served the DR. The last time that Pan Am pulled out of the DR, though, Mark did write a scathing criticism of the airline. And Mark is now tempting me to repost it.

Mark, I though we had a deal. Any posts about Pan Am would include at least one snide remark or disclaimer that they are a puerqeria excuse for an airline - a plaything of a wealthy dilettante - with a poor service history.

Juan

Apr 22, 2003
I am trying to find where that news came from. I could not find a PR about that and I go to their site and there is no mention of those cities. Is that insider info? Rumors? or Wishful thinking?

Apr 26, 2002
mark porter said:
airline has its five-year strategy for Aguadilla which calls for Pan Am to provide service from 21 airports:

12 Latin American and Caribbean (La Romana, Puerto Plata, Punta Cana, and Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic; Port-au-Prince, Ha?ti; San Jose, Costa Rica; Cancun, Mexico; Caracas, Venezuela; Santiago, Chile, and St. Croix, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands)
six US (Stanford and Hartford, Conn.; Des Moines, Iowa; St. Petersburg, Fla.; Philadelphia, and Baltimore)
three Canadian (Toronto; Halifax, Nova Scotia, and Hamilton, Ontario) Mark

Funny, isnt' that exactly (excluding Sto Dgo) the list of airports that Pan Am announced it was going to serve from Las Americas last year?

Question: Two or three months from now, when (based on his conduct at other cities) the dilettante owner of Pan Am announces an end of service at Aguadilla, which community will he torture next with an announcement that they will become a major airline hub?

mark porter

Jun 14, 2002
While Pan Am's record so far of providing reliable service to underutilized airports is very poor having entered and pulled out of such airports like Pittsburgh, Miami, St Petersburgh/Clearwater, Naples, Chicago/Gary, St Louis/Mid America, Hanscom/Boston, Freeport/Bahamas, I do believe that they are trying VERY HARD to correct these past mistakes BUT only time will tell!!!!!! I like their choice of AGUADILLA AS A HUB if it is true at ALL! I am very curious as to WHAT HAPPEN TO SANTO DOMINGO AS A HUB!! Aguadilla does have a great runway and cheap landing rights and hardly any compitition and is very close for feeder service to Points in the Dominican Republic. Stanford is SANFORD! Porfinio & GRS I enjoy reading your posts alot they are GREAT THanks. Currently at Manchester/Boston the Guilford Transportation Company is building connecting rail service from points in New England such as Boston's South station, Downtown/Boston Lowell/Mass to Manchester on Pan Am express trains as they own 70% of all rail tracks in New England this move could be a VERY SMART MOVE and LUCRTIVE MOVE for the Airline if they will only stick to it! MARK