Moderators?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Is it just me or have the names of the moderators of the legal forum and the business forum disappeared? Do we have no more moderators on these forums? Or did I miss something?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
These two forums haven't changed.

Business
Do you want some advice about dealing with Dominican business people or government officials? Frederic Emam Zade, one of the nation's leading business consultants and economists, is the host of this forum.

Legal
Can or can't it be done in the Dominican legal world? Lawyer Fabio Guzman, one of the most experienced lawyers dealing with helping foreigners with their needs, is the host of this forum.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I could be imagining things but I thought that the actual names displayed on the right hand side if you look at the forum - Were these names never there? All the other moderator's names are there. Dumb thing to notice but I've been programming for some days - little things become important.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Let me "moderate" this discussion!

OK Chris,it goes like this;The Legal and Business Forums have "Hosts" People who can give you their expert opinions about your questions.They don't "moderate",they inform.
Some of the other forums are"Moderated".As a moderator,we seek to ensure some "moderation" in the content of the views express by the posters.We attempt to keep the content "Dominican Related",and free of "Flame Wars" and personal attacks.We attempt to keep the Thread "on track".
Cris Colon

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Brilliant reply - never knew some of you are hosts and some are moderators. Makes me think of the old joke - you will no doubt know it - where Johnny asks his father where he (Johnny) is from. I'm just trying to satisfy my curiosity - were those names there once upon a time, or were they not...? Or am I a candidate for Altzheimers? The question is simple and has no deeper meaning or any further significance ;)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Fabio and Fredric have NEVER been listed as moderators.
In the left, the right or the middle column :)

Read CC's post, it explains the situation perfectly.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Robert and Delores did all the moderating for years. If memory serves me it was last year that the first moderators were appointed.

Hillybilly & Pib to DR Debates

Then in the past year or so
Criss: to general forum
Anna:to mar/venus forum
cmedina07: to airline forum
Mr & Mrs Timex to living
Criss to clown bin...you wouldn't think we'd need one there but.

There were never any moderators in any other forums. Are we all clear now?
The names of DR experts always appeared on the left hand side right under the Forum name.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Chirimoya said:
What about the travel forums?

Chiri

As another long-time poster, I can confirm what Anna and CC are saying. The first moderators appointed were Pib and HB. If you search the archives, you will see there were a great many posts, pro and con, on the subject of having any moderators at all.

Chiri, when the present board format was created several years ago, there was someone who was supposed to answer travel questions in the same way that Fabio does legal questions, not as a moderator but as an expert on the subject. He didn't last, however. But the fact that there was a counterpart to Fabio in the travel section may be what caused you to think there was once a moderator there.