Looking for a good deal at the Melia Tropical/Caribe

Volker

May 28, 2003
Hi everybody,

we are planing to go to the Melia Tropical/Caribe in Punta Cana in October for 13 nights. Can anybody give me an idea how to get a good rate ? I need no air, as I am using my miles. We are 2 adults and 2 small children.

Thank you !!

sliverghost

May 22, 2003
Melia Tropical/Caribe

Hi,

Check www.aavacations.com

I believe you can book without air

I was ready to book there, I had an excellent rate for a single, but I changed my mind to Puerto Plata due to the research I did. Better for singles.

I read both excellent and mixed reviews about the Melia

Go to:

www.debbiesdominicantravel.com/meliacaribetropical.html

Check out the reviews. I would still go there if I was traveling with a woman, family or friends. Decide for yourself.

Here is another:

www.caribline.com/hotelreviews/dr/20030429023203.shtml

You can also check out other resorts and compare. Good luck and I hope I was helpful.

Chris
LuckyAdventures :classic:

PS: If you book the Melia, join their "Mas" program. It is free and may help with prices or give you certain additional benefits. You have to play all the angles

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
If the hotel has email, ask them how much they charge sometimes at their discretion they can give you a better rate. Also if the hotel company has a website and they are offering special you might just find it there too.

Also no matter where you make your reservation, I always email the hotel for confirmation and keep their response, overbooking occasionally happens and I like to make sure I have a room.