Can they get any crazier?

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Today's DR1 News includes the story of a PRSC congressman suggesting that the President's term go from 4 to 6 years. It's supposedly under the pretext of spending less money for the elections since they asked the JCE for $500 million last time and that way they can align with the municipal and senatorial elections. What a bunch of crappola! I know that they're corrupt, from my personal experiences in DR but it won't cease to amaze me how low they can go with this. I bet it would pass just because El Calvo said that the PPH supported Eduardo Estrella in his PRSC nomination run. Well, I'm wondering how it's supposed to save money at all. If they align the presidential election with the municipal and senatorial one, the money spent would be more exhorbitant than it already is. I remember back in '98 overhearing some rich folks talking about how much money was contributed by top DR businessmen to a certain purple party for their presidential campaign alone in '96 and they mentioned "about $2 billion pesos". And that was then when it was still $12-13 pesos per dollar...........

If it happens, the parties would ask for more money for bullshit and to pay off bribes which is a way of life in DR anyways. The streets would be extremely peppered with all sorts of propaganda and electoral paraphernalia and paper would litter the whole God-damn place. I rarely get mad about anything going on down there since they don't give a shit about the population but this is fukkin ridiculous:mad: :mad: :angry:

All I could do is pray to God for the people in DR and for him to forgive those in power who will burn in the fiery pits of hell with a gay demon giving it to them with no Vaseline cuz they deserve it.