Fastest way to get water reconnected?

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Hey guys,

Anyone got any suggestions for the fastest way to get water reconnected in Santiago?

Mine went out yesterday. I assumed it was just a typical outage, until it wasn't back this morning. All my bills are always paid on time, so its nothing to do with that. I think its just one of those things.

I've talked to 3 different people there, and each time they checked my account and said "someone is coming".

I'd like to take a shower. :)

Any suggestions?

Adrian

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Naturally 10 minutes after I posted this, they arrived.

My water had been shut off at the street because of a broken pipe here in my building. Even though it was not their job, they did a quick job fixing that, and turned the water back on. :)

Adrian

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Coorasan works well

Faced with increasing costs, the Water corporation has generally supplied Santiago with excellent water.

I have always drunk the tap water here, so have my kids.

And when I ask for help, I get it. Leaks in the street. Broken connections, even stopped up sewer pipes.

One of the best public services in the country.

HB

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
I'd agree with you on this, except the water does go out about 3 times a week. Normally it doesn't affect me because I'm used to it, but in my mind it would tend to disqualify them as the best public service.

I have to hand it to Codetel - I am generally delighted with their level of internet service.

I've been using internet flash for 1.5 years now, and we had only the third major outage last week (1/2 day without service). Apart from that, its been running flawlessly the rest of the time and I use the internet a lot. The connection speed is very fast, its very reliable and it just works.

Actually I wish they'd raise their prices for internet flash - I'm worried that with the peso devaluation that they'll be forced to drop their service levels.

And Codetel cellphone coverage is better than I got with AT&T and Sprint in San Francisco.

Not too shabby for a developing country.

Adrian

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yes, I should have qualified that

I meant publically run service. Codetel is a Verizon company and has always been foreign owned---GTE and then Verizon. One of the best, if not the very best in all of Latin America.

Last week's outage affected everything: Internet, and long distance....major outage..

HB